Senior Data Engineer
Company: American Red Cross
Posted on: October 14, 2021
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch
millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the
human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's
largest humanitarian network?
The candidate will primarily work virtually from a home-office
with occasional in-person meetings as necessary. Preference for
candidate to be located in the Mid-Atlantic states (NC, SC,
As a Sr. Principal Data Engineer for the American Red Cross, you
will be part of a Data Management team that is modernizing and
transforming our data and reporting capabilities across multiple
verticals including Biomedical Services by implementing a new
modernized data architecture.
The Sr. Principal Data Engineer will design and develop highly
scalable and extensible data platforms which enable collection,
storage, distribution, modeling, and analysis of large data sets
from numerous channels. This position requires an innovative
software engineer who is passionate about data & data quality. The
ideal candidate will possess strong data management and API
integration experience and the ability to develop scalable data
pipelines that make data management and analytics/reporting faster,
more insightful, and more efficient.
• Develop, test, document and maintain scalable data pipelines.
• Build out new data integrations including APIs to support
continuing increases in data volume and complexity.
• Establish and follow data governance processes and guidelines to
ensure data availability, usability, consistency, integrity, and
• Build and implement scalable solutions that align to our data
governance standards and architectural road map for data
integrations, data storage, reporting, and analytic solutions.
• Collaborate with analytics and business teams to improve data
models that feed business intelligence tools, increasing data
accessibility and fostering data-driven decision making across the
• Design and develop data integrations and a data quality
framework. Write unit/integration/functional tests and document
• Design, implement, and automate deployment of our distributed
system for collecting and processing streaming events from multiple
• Perform data analysis required to troubleshoot data-related
issues and assist in the resolution of data issues.
• Serve as tech lead when needed.
Qualified candidates must be authorized to work in the
United States. The American Red Cross does not sponsor employment
• Education: 4-year college degree or equivalent combination of
education and experience. Prefer academic backgrounds in in
Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related technical
• 7-10 years of relevant work experience in analytics, data
engineering, business intelligence or related field.
• Experience with or knowledge of Agile software development
• Experience using SQL queries as well as writing and optimizing
SQL queries in a business environment with large-scale, complex
• Experience developing integrations across multiple systems and
• Experience creating ETL and/or ELT jobs.
• Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Process oriented with great documentation skills.
• Proficient with coding in Python.
• Experience developing in a Linux environment.
• Experience with AWS technologies (e.g. Redshift, RDS, S3, EMR,
EC2, Kinesis) is a plus.
• Experience with data warehouse technologies is a plus.
• Experience designing data schemas and operating SQL/NoSQL
database systems is a plus.
• Experience with Big Data tools like Spark, Hadoop, Kafka, etc. is
For those candidates located in Colorado, the salary range
for this position is: $140K+ annual salary. Note that the American
Red Cross sets salary ranges aligned to a specific geographic
location in which the job or employee resides. The stated salary
range in this posting is an average and may not be reflective of
your individual circumstances. We will review specific salary
information at the time of phone screening based upon your
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization
that creates a culture of collaboration and team spirit. We offer
our employee's a competitive salary, wide range of generous
benefits including health, dental, vision, life and disability
insurance; flexible spending accounts; 401K retirement plan with
match; paid time off, holidays and floating holidays. Also, we
encourage professional development and provide growth
opportunities. To be considered for this position, please visit
www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the
opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic
protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life's emergencies don't stop, and neither do American Red Cross
volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to
help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a
difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and
allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross
relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to
help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our
most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of
Keywords: American Red Cross, Raleigh , Senior Data Engineer, Other , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!