Internal Audit Director, Enact Corporate Audit Services (ECAS)
Posted on: October 10, 2021
Internal Audit Director, Enact Corporate Audit Services
This position is available to North Carolina residents
as Raleigh, North Carolina in-office applicants .
The Internal Audit Director will serve as a member of the
Enact Finance Leadership Team and will report to the Chair of the
Enact Audit Committee of the Board of Directors, and
administratively to the Enact Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
The primary mission of the Internal Audit Director is the
development, management and administration of audit services to
provide the Enact Audit Committee of the Board of Directors and
Enact executive management with assurance as to the adequacy and
effectiveness of the system of risk management and internal control
throughout the company. In this regard, the Internal Audit
Director will inform them as to the effectiveness and efficiency of
business processes designed to manage and mitigate risks associated
with operations, financial reporting, and compliance with
applicable laws and regulations including overseeing Enact's
Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) and Model Audit Rule (MAR) compliance
This position will also collaborate and participate in
Genworth company-wide internal audits that impact Enact which are
led by the parent company's internal audit resources.
Potential examples include internal audits of investments,
corporate functions and/or corporate IT systems.
• Develop and lead a proactive internal audit group, bringing
a disciplined, risk-based approach to evaluating and communicating
the effectiveness and efficiency of business processes designed to
manage and mitigate risks across Enact.
• Review, develop and manage an internal audit strategy which
appropriately considers the relevant and emerging business risks
facing Enact and implement an annual audit plan that adequately
addresses those risks in an effective, cost efficient
• Communicate the internal audit strategy with the Enact
Audit Committee, management, and Enact parent company
• Lead the development of professional practices, including
the implementation of internal audit methodologies, processes and
programs in accordance with Institute of Internal Audit (IIA)
standards, internal auditor certification and training standards,
and effective quality review activities.
• Communicate the internal audit plan and results of reviews
directly with the Enact Audit Committee, executive and senior
management, and Enact parent company stakeholders.
• Ensure corrective action plans are developed and
implemented and provide timeline progress reporting to the Enact
Audit Committee and management.
• Direct audit scheduling and execution to ensure the most
critical areas are addressed, and that business operations are
reviewed on a timely and accurate basis appropriate to the risk
profile of the operation under review.
• Oversee the company's SOX/MAR compliance program serving as
project manager and subject matter expert to ensure appropriate
internal controls over financial reporting are designed and
implemented under the 2013 COSO Framework.
• Identify, evaluate, and monitor the remediation of SOX/MAR
• Develop and deliver reporting illustrating SOX/MAR status,
trends, and remediation of deficiencies to executive management and
Enact Audit Committee.
• Coordinate internal audit and SOX/MAR activities with
external auditor firm to ensure proper audit coverage, elimination
of duplication of effort, and improvement in the efficiency and
effectiveness of audit execution.
• Recruit, develop and manage a professional audit staff with
sufficient knowledge, skills, experience, and professional
certifications to meet Enact’s internal audit and SOX/MAR
• Establish and manage, as appropriate, co-sourcing
relationships to ensure cost-effective, value-added audit services
that contribute to internal audit’s efficiency and
• Promote high levels of ethical awareness and conduct within
the Company and administer independent investigations of potential
ethical problems or conflicts of interest.
• Implement, as appropriate, special tasks or projects
requested by management or the Enact Audit Committee.
• Highly self-motivated individual with evident leadership
skills; a demonstrated record of building strong teams, setting
high performance standards, challenging people to excel, and
eliciting their sustained high performance.
• Managerial expertise to confront difficult issues with the
appropriate response and communicate appropriately and in a timely
manner with all stakeholders in those issues; highly developed and
effective interpersonal skills for dealing with sensitive and
• A collaborative leadership style and a proven track record
of having built effective relationships with senior management,
board members and outside advisors.
• Exceptional communication skills; experienced and effective
in interacting with a Board of Directors and in interactions with
operational and staff executives; credible, persuasive and clear in
both oral and written presentations.
• Effective interpersonal skills; must be able to relate to
and work cross-functionally with a wide variety of professionals
across different organizational levels.
• A highly organized professional; deliberate and sequential
in approach, and highly attentive to detail and
• Knowledge of design and maintenance of management
information systems, including internal controls and audit
• Strong technical knowledge of US GAAP, internal controls,
business processes, and COSO 2013 and IIA standards.
• Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley and Model Audit Rule
legislation and related program execution and reporting
• Strong analytical/quantitative
• 10+ years of progressive financial and operational
auditing. Proven track record in leading and managing an audit team
with emphasis on best practices in risk assessment, problem
solving, and impactful reporting of audits.
• Advanced degree, such as an MBA.
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and/or Certified Internal
Auditor (CIA) credentials.
• Relevant insurance and financial services industry
• Understanding of ‘Three Lines of Defense’ risk management
model and experience collaborating across lines of
• Experience in recruiting, developing and leading an audit
organization with the ability to manage audit team on multiple
The duties and responsibilities of this role require that the
position be physically based in our Raleigh, NC headquarter
WHY WORK AT ENACT
• We have a real impact on the lives of the people we
• We work on challenging and rewarding projects
• We give back to the communities where we live
• We offer competitive benefits including:
o Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account options
beginning your first day
o Generous Choice Time Off policy
o 12 Paid Holidays
o 40 hours of volunteer time off
o 401K Account with matching contributions
o Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment
o Paid Family Leave
o Child Care Subsidy Program
Enact, operating principally through its wholly-owned
subsidiary Genworth Mortgage Insurance Corp. since 1981, is a
leading U.S. private mortgage insurance provider committed to
helping more people achieve the dream of homeownership. Building on
a deep understanding of lenders’ businesses and a legacy of
financial strength, we partner with lenders to bring best-in class
service, leading underwriting expertise, and extensive risk and
capital management to the mortgage process, helping to put more
people in homes and keep them there. By empowering customers and
their borrowers, Enact seeks to positively impact the lives of
those in the communities in which it serves in a sustainable way.
Enact is headquartered in Raleigh, North Carolina.
Through our values of Excellence, Improvement and Connection,
the Enact team delivers on our mission to help more people realize
the dream of homeownership. The positive impact we can have on our
world inspires us to go the extra mile. We look at the bigger
picture, always considering our customers’ processes and their
borrowers’ experience. We work hard to anticipate all the effects
our actions might have. That can make our work challenging, and
Are you the kind of person who’s always anticipating your
customers’ needs? Always one step ahead, ready to catch that
unexpected curveball? If so, you could thrive with us.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and all
hiring decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and business
need. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color,
national origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected
veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other
applicable legally protected characteristics.
Keywords: Genworth, Raleigh , Internal Audit Director, Enact Corporate Audit Services (ECAS), Other , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!