Company: Boehringer Ingelheim
Posted on: July 18, 2021
Under the direction of the Group Leader, Raleigh,
NC Sites, the incumbent is responsible for performing the
day-to-day operations of a hatchery and grow-out facility to ensure
the delivery of healthy Specific Pathogen Free (SPF) chickens in
sufficient quantities to meet the demands of other sites. Typical
hours are M-F, 3am-12pm, weekend work required.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will
actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of
our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence
provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate
internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly
contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength
and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our
employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working
environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility,
networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and
benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our
- Reporting to the Group Leader, the incumbent
receives minimal direction for routine functions and guided by
production schedules, batch records, and controlled
- Position may require the incumbent to work
flexible work hours to ensure standard business operations and to
handle departmental emergency situations. This can include
working extended hours on same day notice or weekend
- Performs all day-to-day operations of the
hatchery and grow-out facilities to ensure the delivery of healthy
SPF chickens in sufficient quantities to meet the demands of other
sites. Oversees and cares for SPF animals. Ensures that all
animals are cared for in a manner consistent with
Boehringer-Ingelheim’s policies and procedures. Ensures compliance
with BI Animal Welfare guidelines.
- Operates all equipment safely and within the
manufacturer’s recommendations or as documented in controlled
documents. Reports any abnormal functions of the equipment to
- Ensures that all equipment is cleaned and
disinfected in accordance with documented procedures and inspects
before use to insure that it has been properly cleaned and ready
for the prescribed use.
- Maintains accurate and timely manufacturing
records which include all paperwork and files. Can complete
all calculations required within the manufacturing record. Performs
duties in accordance with all federal, state, local and company
regulations, SOPs and guidelines.
- Drives company vehicles to pick up raw materials
and lab supplies. Will Need clean MVR.
- Performs, as assigned, miscellaneous incidental
duties and temporary jobs within the facility or at the Cocci Lab
or Sandhills Farm.
- Assists when needed with equipment and facilities
maintenance. Also assists in upkeep of facility
- Maintains a clean, neat and orderly work
area. Assists in maintaining the security of the
facility. Recognizes and understands the importance of
Boehringer-Ingelheim standards and goals regarding Health, Safety
and Environment (HSE) in area of responsibility and focuses
behavior in a manner consistent with those standards and
- Able to operate and train other employees on all
tasks necessary to perform required job functions and ensures
biosecurity practices are maintained at the
- Ensures that he/she and all site personnel and/or
visitors follow approved strict biosecurity practices to protect
the SPF status of chicken flocks.
- Multiple head-to-toe, full body (hair included)
showers DAILY are required.
- Performs other duties as
** May not own or have contact with other birds
or poultry **
- High School Diploma required.
- Two (2) years of work experience preferable in
agriculture and experience with farm equipment.
- Must be a team player.
- Ability to read and understand SOP’s and
guidelines and ensure adherence to them.
- Basic computer skills.
- Maintain professional working relations with all
- Attention to detail and ability to document work
performed is required.
- Ability to lift / push / pull 60 lbs. and carry
it at least 10-40 feet.
- Must be able to squat, bend, and stoop, as well
as twisting and turning.
- Able to stand on feet for extended periods of
- Manual dexterity and visual acuity are
- Ability to maneuver heavy carts on various
- Must be able to work in a dusty and hot or cold
- This position may require working weekends along
with flexible shift hours. Regular attendance is required to assure
continuance of operations and care of
- Drive a non CDL <26,000 truck. Must have a
Desired Experience, Skills, and
- Two to three (2-3) years of Avian
- Ability to think ahead to next
- Can work well under
- Mathematical skills.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United
States without restriction.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and
post-offer physical (if required).
- Must be 18 years of age or
Who We Are\:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through
innovation with one clear goal\: to improve the lives of patients.
We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare
solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and
animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term
performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who
nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive
culture. Learning and development for all employees is key
because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com
and join us in our effort to make more health.
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global
employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive
culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an
inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and
communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to a person’s actual or perceived
race, including natural hairstyles, hair texture and protective
hairstyles; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry;
citizenship status, marital status; gender, gender identity or
expression; sexual orientation, mental, physical or intellectual
disability, veteran status; pregnancy, childbirth or related
medical condition; genetic information (including the refusal to
submit to genetic testing) or any other class or characteristic
protected by applicable law.
Keywords: Boehringer Ingelheim, Raleigh , Farm Operator, Other , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!