Sales & Service Associate II
Company: Home Trust Banking Partnership
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Sales and Service Associate II (SSA II) is responsible for
providing exceptional customer service through the efficient
managing of customer interactions, and provides solutions based on
the customer's needs. This position handles transaction processing
to establishing new customer relationships, and enhances existing
relationships through in-branch interactions as well as phone
Key Responsibilities / Essential Functions
- Attracts and retains customer relationships by delivering
customer service both in person and by phone, identifying customer
needs and suggesting appropriate products and services to solidify
and enhance relationships.
- Serves as primary customer contact for transaction processing,
new account opening, problem resolutions, and account maintenance
- Handles transactions at the teller line and moves to a lobby
workstation for customer conversations and new account opening,
creating a central location for the customer's financial
- Receives checks and cash for deposits to accounts, verifies
amounts, examines checks for proper endorsement, enters deposits
into computer records, and places holds on accounts for uncollected
- Cashes checks and processes withdrawals, pays out money after
verification of signatures and customer balances.
- Performs other functions as assigned to the Sales and Service
- Provides a complete range of customer services including wire
transfers, explains bank product and service features and benefits,
gathers customer information to set up new accounts (basic and
complex consumer accounts), and processes updates or to provide
maintenance on existing accounts.
- Performs as the vault custodian maintaining control and balance
of the vault.
- Participates in retail sales, service and product training
meetings, branch huddles, and other meetings as scheduled.
- Directly promotes and offers solutions for all retail bank
products and services, including checking, savings, money market,
certificates of deposit, debit card, online/mobile banking, and
- Promotes and introduces other financial institution products
and services to customers and makes appropriate referrals,
including HELOC loans, IRAs, mortgage referrals, investment
services, and treasury management services.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 3+ years of public contact or sales experience.
- Experience in SSA position or equivalent at another financial
- Above average PC and technology skills, and ability to use
applicable software and operation branch automation systems.
- Familiarity with all federal and state banking regulations
pertaining to lending and consumer finance, including fair lending
laws, the Bank Secrecy Act, and the US Patriot Act.
- Thorough knowledge of the Teller system and all applicable
system applications, basic and complex consumer account opening and
maintenance activities, all transaction processing functions
performed at teller window, and processing wire transfers.
- Sales/Service skills - knowledge of bank products and services,
sufficient to identify and fill customer and prospect needs,
conduct sales/service dialogue with customers and prospects both
in-person and by phone, and/or refer quality business.
- Stay abreast of all changes in policies and procedures related
to retail and consumer lending products.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, ability to
resolve customer concerns/issues in a positive manner, and high
attention to detail.
- Successful completion of in-house training programs or other
approved or assigned training programs for new accounts function
within one year of accepting position.
- Actively learns, demonstrates, and fosters the HomeTrust
corporate culture in all actions and words.
- Takes personal initiative and is a positive example for others
- Ability to understand and use bank policies and procedures to
ensure operational efficiency and regulatory compliance.
- Ability to work with limited or no direct supervision.
- Must be organized and possess an aptitude for basic math.
- Ability to think and act independently within guidelines and
limitations of bank policy and assigned personal authority.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Associate degree in relevant field.
About HomeTrust Bank
HomeTrust Bank, founded in 1926, is a North Carolina chartered,
community-focused financial institution committed to providing
value-added community banking through online/mobile channels and
multiple locations in Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and
Tennessee. Learn more at www.htb.com. Apply today to take your
first steps towards joining this talented population of employees
within a growing organization.
Work Environment, Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. HomeTrust Bank promotes an equal
employment opportunity workplace which includes reasonable
accommodation of qualified applicants and employees.
- This job operates in a professional office environment and
routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones,
photocopiers, and fax machines.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include
close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust
- Physical activity requiring reaching, sifting, lifting up to 25
lbs., finger dexterity, grasping, feeling, repetitive motions,
talking and hearing are required.
- The employee will frequently communicate and must be able to
exchange accurate information with others.
- The employee may need to move around their office to attend
meetings and to access files, machinery or other job-related
DISCLAIMER: HomeTrust Bank is an evolving company. As such this
job description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working
conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an
accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the
right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks
be performed as assigned.
HomeTrust Bank values and promotes diversity and inclusion in
every aspect of our business and at every level within the company.
We recruit, hire, and promote employees based on their individual
ability and experience and in accordance with Affirmative Action
and Equal Employment Opportunity laws and regulations. Our policy
is that we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender,
national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender
identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or
mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected
veteran, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local
Keywords: Home Trust Banking Partnership, Raleigh , Sales & Service Associate II, Other , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!