Apprentice Business Analyst
Company: Public Consulting Group
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) is a leading public sector
solutions implementation and operations improvement firm that
partners with health, education, and human services agencies to
improve lives. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston,
Massachusetts, PCG has over 2,500 professionals in more than 60
offices worldwide. PCG's Health practice offers in-depth
programmatic knowledge and regulatory expertise to help state and
municipal health agencies respond to regulatory change, improve
access to health care, maximize program revenue, improve business
processes, and achieve regulatory compliance. Using industry best
practices, PCG's Health team helps organizations deliver quality
services with constrained resources to promote improved client
outcomes. To learn more, visit http://www.publicconsultinggroup.com/health/.
PCG looks for highly talented, motivated and results-oriented
recent college graduates with drive, determination and the ability
to thrive in a team-oriented environment to enter into its
Apprentice Business Analyst (ABA) Program. The Apprentice Program
is the foundation for learning how to be a consultant at PCG.
Throughout the one year program, you build your skills by working
alongside talented senior consulting staff. You work on a variety
of challenging assignments in our different practice areas to
assist public sector clients achieve their performance goals and
better serve populations in need. Your growth is supported by a
Practice Area Manager who provides guidance and monitors your
involvement with project assignments. You also select a mentor who
guides you on "how to be a successful PCG consultant". Our team is
dedicated to ensuring ABAs build a solid foundation for success
through serving a diverse client base, playing an integral role on
our project teams, and partaking in performance development
activities. Our Apprentice Program will push you to fulfill your
- Learning web-based technologies and leading clients through
implementation and training processes.
- Assisting with the preparation of materials for training
- Participating on proposal development teams, including writing
sections, coordinating efforts and preparing proposal
- Managing budgets and fund allocations.
- Developing presentations for and attending
- Managing financial transactions related to client budgets.
- Coordinating project requirements and client expectations.
- Preparing and presenting written status reports for
- Conducting policy and other research.
- Defining, documenting and improving business processes.
- Gathering and analyzing data.
- Providing project management support to Consultants and
- Bachelor's Degree is required as of May 2020.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, organizational, research,
presentation, time management, problem-solving, and oral and
written communication skills.
- A detail oriented problem solving approach to business
- Flexibility and willingness to embrace change.
- Self-starter possessing intellectual curiosity.
- Enthusiasm for life-long learning and staying well-informed
about current business issues.
- Proven ability to take initiative and move daily work
- Good judgment in completing tasks and in seeking guidance when
- A commitment to deliver exceptional client service and
contribute in a team environment.
- Workload and travel flexibility based on client and team
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, in particular Access,
PowerPoint, Excel and Word. Additional experience using SQL or
other Databases, Financial and/or Accounting Systems is
- Attitude of taking initiative, enthusiasm, and eagerness to
- Core interest in finance, education, health care, government,
or public consulting
Public Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
dedicated to celebrating diversity and intentionally creating a
culture of inclusion. We believe that we work best when our
employees feel empowered and accepted, and that starts by honoring
each of our unique life experiences. At PCG, all aspects of
employment regarding recruitment, hiring, training, promotion,
compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoff,
company-sponsored training, education, and social and recreational
programs are based on merit, business needs, job requirements, and
individual qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, religion or belief, national, social, or ethnic
origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, physical,
mental, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, marital, civil
union, or domestic partnership status, past or present military
service, citizenship status, family medical history or genetic
information, family or parental status, or any other status
protected under federal, state, or local law. PCG will not tolerate
discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
PCG believes in health, equality, and prosperity for everyone so we
can succeed in changing the ways the public sector, including
health, education, technology and human services industries,
Keywords: Public Consulting Group, Raleigh , Apprentice Business Analyst, Other , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!