Location: Four Oaks
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Job Description SummaryThe Warehouse Associate is
responsible for warehousing/material distribution tasks relative to
the shipment of product. The following duties and responsibilities
are intended to be representative of the work that may be performed
by the incumbent(s) in this position and are not all-inclusive. The
omission of a specific duty or responsibility will not preclude it
from the position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Processing customer orders including but not limited to:
scanning bar codes, picking and labeling boxes.
- Pick orders to conveyor and/or picking orders. .
- Processing orders through the use of voice and/or RF
- Maintains an acceptable work area as outlined in SOP and work
- Responsible for following Good Documentation Practices (GDP) as
outlined in SOP.
- Palletizing to include scanning, retrieving and placing
completed orders on pallets.
- Re-palletizing products for shipment.
- May be responsible for dock manifest duties which includes
scanning completed pallets and running the shrink wrapper.
- May be required to transport pallets by walking MHE.
- May be responsible for operating the parcel manifest
- Responsible for accuracy verification and shipment
- Must follow all safety instructions to maintain safe working
conditions and to adhere to proper operating practices and
procedures designed to prevent injuries and illnesses.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned.
- May be required to train new hires on various warehouse
- Must adhere to attendance policies.
- Required to maintain current status in C2C training
- Understand organizational quality goals.
Safety and Security
- Associates are responsible for performing their job activities
in a safe and reasonable manner and in accordance with safety
- Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse and conduct
all activities in a manner that promotes a safe environment.
- All injuries, accidents, unsafe acts, hazards or conditions
must be reported immediately.
- Report any suspicious persons or activity.
Sanitation and Housekeeping
- Maintain a clean and professional image.
- To ensure the cleanliness of the facility, follow guidelines as
- The associate must maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area
at all times.
- This associate may be provided with Hazmat training to include
general awareness, function specific, security awareness, security
plan and safety training.
- Become knowledgeable with the responsibilities of the other
warehouse positions. Assist as required. Act as back up at times of
absence or vacation.
- High School diploma, GED or 1 year of relevant experience
- Experience with Walkie Ryder (motorized Pallet Jack).
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks or projects.
- Ability to work in a fast paced distribution environment.
- Ability to read and interpret distribution documents.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- May be required to operate MHE and use Voice/RF scanner.
- Ability to perform/operate in a metrics-driven environment.
- Basic analytical, organizational and prioritization skills.
- General distribution knowledge.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the
position, with or without accommodation.
- Accommodations may be made for individuals with
The physical demands described are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions (Per the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990). While
performing this job, the employee is regularly exposed to episodes
of walking, standing, stooping, kneeling, balancing, crouching,
reaching, pushing/pulling, grasping, twisting, lifting, frequent
use of hand to finger, handle, feel, pick or type which can include
repetitive motion of the wrists, hands or fingers. The associate
may occasionally be required to climb. The job may require lifting
over 50lbs in some areas but not all. The position will almost
always have exposure to work near moving mechanical equipment.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex,
creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or
domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics,
disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other
Primary Work LocationUSA NC - Four Oaks
Keywords: BD, Raleigh , Warehouse Associate, Other , Four Oaks, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!