This position can be remote based, within 100 miles of a PRA
We believe that our people are the future of the industry. We
provide a culture in which our employees can enjoy personal
satisfaction, professional achievement and have the ability to
strategically map out long-term career plans.
If you're ready to be a part of something inspiring join us and
Discover Your PRA.
Who are we?
We Are PRA.
We are 20,000+ employees strong, operating in more than 90
countries. We are committed to saving lives and we are constantly
striving to be the best at what we do. Our impact is real and we
see it every single day. We help get life-saving drugs into the
hands of those who need them most.
Who are you?
You are flexible, efficient, proactive, and highly motivated.
You are able to create and re-set priorities in a fast-paced
environment without sacrificing your attention to detail. You work
well within a team, both in a leadership role and as a contributor.
You are a confident negotiator, love a challenge, and can
independently create solutions to complex issues. The idea of
improving the lives of others by using your analytical and
interpersonal skills excites you. Despite a demanding day or
difficult discussion, you are able to walk away with your sense of
In your next career move, you want to work for a company that
supports your professional growth and helps you find a work/life
balance. You want to expand your knowledge, develop your skill set,
and build your career. Most of all, you want to do it in a place
where you're part of a team as zealous about their work as you are
-- a place where you can really make a difference.
What will you be doing?
You will be a key member of the Study Start-Up team. The
Contract Associate will be responsible for the commercial
relationship with sites involved in clinical trials including work
from contract and amendment language, budget negotiation within the
established timeline parameters. The Contract Associate is able to
perform in a fast paced environment, able to create and reset
priorities as the need arises, identify and raise issues before
they become critical, and adjust quickly to the changes of a
Additionally, you will:
- Ensures the successful negotiation and on-going management of
clinical trial agreements with investigative sites.
- Works cross functionally with Clinical Operations and Project
Management in support of timely site start up for the conduct of
clinical trials including accurate forecast of contract execution
- Collaborates with the Functional Manager who will partner with
other compliance departments to ensure country specific laws and
regulations are followed to minimize risk in clinical trials.
- Communicates and explains legal/ budgetary issues to internal
and external parties per department guidelines.
- Reviews and evaluates client requested contract changes and
based upon department guidelines escalates deviations as
- In partnership with CTA Lead and others as necessary, evaluates
priorities and quickly readjusts priorities with the changing needs
of business and the client.
- Identifies and proactively raises issues to the CTA Lead or CM,
as appropriate, prior to their becoming critical or creates
- Appraises contracts for completeness and accuracy and ensures
adherence to department guidelines; corrects documents and files
changes to contracts.
- Participates in client meetings for the purpose of expediting
the contract signing process as directed.
- Creates and maintains files for each contract.
- Generates ideas and solutions to improve requested
contract/budget changes while appropriately partnering with
Functional Manager and/or CTA Lead for feedback and execution.
- Enhances skill at discerning and responding to issues at sites
that pose risk and escalating accordingly.
- Advances consistency, timeliness and completeness of all
interactions with site in database.
- Exhibits increasing proficiency in executing documents that are
complete and accurate delivered within shorter timeframes.
- Exhibits proficiency in managing multiple projects and clients
with competing priorities.
- Elevates to CTA Lead role on studies for which they provide
support to CA's and PA's assigned to study, including mentoring and
ensuring that all sites are handled in accordance with department
What do you need to have?
- Bachelor's Degree or, an equivalent combination of education
and experience sufficient to successfully perform the key
responsibilities of the job.
- Read write and speak fluent English; fluent in host country
- 1 to 2 years experience with contracts.
- One or more years relevant experience involving contracts,
negotiation, or sales in a CRO preferred.
- Prefer JD or advance degree.
- Familiarity with working in service industry or project
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the
United States, and should not require, now or in the future,
sponsorship for employment visa status.
PRA is an EEO/AA employer and is committed to providing
opportunities to minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with