Description of Work
The Office of the Controller sets and interprets all accounting
and financial reporting policies and procedures for the Department
as authorized by the rules and regulations of the Office of the
State Controller and state statute, and executes all accounting
transactions for DHHS.
This position is in the Accounts Receivable Section and is
located on the Dorothea Dix Campus. The primary purpose of this
position is to open mail, process daily deposits and receipts to
include logging and balancing of deposits. Receipts include but are
not limited to checks, electronic funds, transfers and notification
of lockbox deposits. Other job responsibilities include the
- Create Budgetary Control documents for the receipt of funds to
be entered into the North Carolina Accounting System (NCAS), as
well as creating and maintaining files for the receipts.
- Creating accounting clerk batches to create open cash batches
in the NCAS and cash receipts in NC Tracks.
- Interact with customers on all levels to include internal and
- Research inquiries, reconcile review, analyze, create and
maintain spreadsheets and data for the Accounts Receivable Medical
- General office duties include answering calls routing to the
correct persons, copying, faxing, filing, etc..
Salary Grade: GN09; Salary Range: $36,677 - $45,679
Position #: 60037525
About the DHHS Office of the Controller:
The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
(DHHS) is responsible for ensuring the health, safety and
well-being of all North Carolinians. The Office of the Controller
sets and interprets all accounting and financial reporting policies
and procedures for the Department as authorized by the rules and
regulations of the Office of the State Controller and State Statute
and executes all accounting transactions for the Department of
Health and Human Services. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities /
To receive credit for all your work history and credentials, you
must list the information on the application form. Any information
listed under the text resume section or on an attachment will not
be considered for qualifying credit. Qualified applicants must
document on the application that they possess all the
- Working knowledge of general accounting principles and
- Demonstrated experience with online data entry.
- Proven ability to maintain, balance and reconcile accounting
transactions, records and reports.
- Strong computer skills, to include Word and Outlook.
- Expertise in Excel and with data manipulation/formatting.
- Proven attention to detail and strong organizational
- NCASexperience or extensive experience with a similar online
- Accounts Receivable.
- Strong computer skills in mainframe emulation and MS Office
(Excel, Word, etc.).
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
Associate's Degree in Accounting from an appropriately
accredited institution and two years of experience in
High school diploma or General Educational Development (GED)
diploma and three years of experience in accounting work;
An equivalent combination of training and experience.
Supplemental and Contact Information
North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services is an
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to
provide information regarding thestatus of your application over
the phone. To check the status of your application, please log in
toyour account.You will either receive a call to schedule an
interview or an email notifying when the job has been filled.
For technical issues with your applications, please call the
NEOGOV Help Line at855-524-5627. Applicants will be communicated
with, via email only, for updates on the status of their
application. If there are any questions about this posting other
than your application status, please contact HR at