Call Center Agent-Full Time-YMCA of the Triangle
Company: YMCA of the Triangle
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Under the supervision of the Call Center Manager, the Call
Center Agent is responsible for providing premier customer service
from the call center to our members, participants and branch/camp
team members. These responsibilities include answering inquiries,
resolving problems, fulfilling requests, making recommendations,
maintaining and updating databases, tracking incoming calls and
assisting with online/website system troubleshooting. They are
responsible for managing these functions in accordance with the
stated mission and policies established by the administrative
staff, governing committees and Board of Directors of the YMCA.
- Models relationship-building skills in all interactions.
Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community
organizations. Maintains regular, clear, and concise communication
within area of responsibility.
- Answers incoming telephone calls, provides information and
routes calls according to procedure, and track data for reporting
- Assists with inquiries, provides product and program info, and
resolves service issues via telephone and email; receives and makes
inbound/outbound calls from internal and external customers.
- Properly uses Personify software to assist customers with,
including but not limited to, inquiries regarding on-line account
and program registration.
- Assists in collections of insufficient funds for the
- Understands all YMCA program and membership offerings, business
policies and procedures, and online business necessary to
communicate with customers.
- Contributes to the team effort by accomplishing related goals
- Provides solutions by following best practices, processes, and
- Enhances department reputation by accepting ownership for new
and different requests; explores opportunities to add value to job
- Works closely with branch staff to ensure business processes
are current at the Welcome Center in order to remain
- Attends meetings and trainings to increase and maintain
- Other duties and responsibilities assigned by supervisor and
- Must have a minimum experience of 1-2 years working in a call
center environment in a customer service or consultative sales
position or a minimum experience of 1-2 years working in a YMCA
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and strong
active listening skills with a demonstrated ability to interact
- Exhibits a customer centered approach, with the ability to
assist internal and external customers in a professional manner via
telephone and email.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills, and
ability to accurately resolve complex issues in a fast paced,
- Must have strong computer skills and a working knowledge of CRM
database software systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, Outlook and have a
working understanding of the web and online platforms (Explorer,
Chrome, Foxfire, etc.).
- Must be professional, genuine, nurturing, welcoming, courteous,
friendly, and relate well to customers.
- Ability to work cooperatively as a team to accomplish
department goals and KPIs.
- Ability to provide feedback regarding potential process
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from
all social and economic segments of the community.
- Multi-lingual desired but not required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to use a computer for extended periods of time
and be able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart device.
The employee frequently is required to sit and reach, and must be
able to move around the work environment.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually
- Occasional night and weekend work as needed: shifts may vary
according to branch hours of operation.
Keywords: YMCA of the Triangle, Raleigh , Call Center Agent-Full Time-YMCA of the Triangle, Other , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!