Principal Analyst, Sales Executive Strategies
Company: Forrester Research, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Our job is to be bold at work.
It starts with an insatiable curiosity about clients,
colleagues, and the future. At Forrester, we believe curiosity
powers progress.Forresteritesbring a diversity of opinions and the
courage of their convictions to collaborate on the ideas and
initiatives that change the course of business. As a trusted
advisor to the most influential companies in the world, we live at
the nexus of what's next.
About This Role:
We're looking for thought leaders to join the sales executive
strategies service within the SiriusDecisions product line.
SiriusDecisions' sales executive service provides best practice
research, benchmarking data, analytic models, and thought
leadership to leverage and enhance a B2B organization's sales
strategy. It covers a broad range of critical sales topics,
including sales strategy, organizational structure, talent
management, demand generation, sales execution, and sales
The Principal Analyst develops, writes and presents to, and
advises sales executives on Forrester's research regarding the
rapidly changing landscape of sales and sales leadership, which
encompasses a broad range of service and business capabilities.
As a successful candidate, you'll have boundless opportunities
to leverage your experience and exceptional writing and speaking
skills to advise clients on best practices and how to apply these
in order to drive strategy, execution, and growth.
- Research generation: Participates in the conceptualization and
writing of key research deliverables, including research briefs,
vendor profiles, webcasts, and core strategy reports.
- Data gathering: Works with a wide variety of B2B organizations
to gather key sales data using existing benchmarking models.
- Assessment: Evaluates sales technologies and writes reports
assessing different companies within those categories.
- Analyst work: Interacts directly with clients (in-person and
via telephone) to review research findings and discuss
- Service development: Works with our analysts and business
development team to grow sales executive membership through sales
and marketing activities with prospects.
- Client-facing activities: Assists on ad hoc consulting projects
as needed (e.g., benchmarking, go-to-market, and assessments).
- Presenting: Present at Forrester events as well as industry and
- A strong record of academic achievement; BA or BS at a minimum,
but MBA or MS is preferred.
- Minimum of 15 years of B2B sales executive experience,
including experience in reporting directly to a CEO, owning company
revenue results, and managing all quota carriers on a sales
- Understanding of how to apply the science of sales - the need
for process, data, and technology - to make sales repeatable and
- Superior listening, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
Analysts are expected to take complex, disparate ideas and distill
them into simple, provocative concepts - and be willing to take a
stand on vendors and outcomes.
- Strong customer-facing skills, including the ability to engage
executives, listen effectively, and build trusted
- Expert communication skills (both written and oral).
- Exceptional presentation skills and experience in presenting to
- Deep intellectual curiosity about the effect of technology on
the business landscape.
- Solid business instincts and a practical understanding of how
sales executives operate.
- The ability to travel more than 25% of the time.
Explore #ForresterLife on:
Forrester Research, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity
for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status,
genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other
status protected by applicable law. Minorities, Women, Individuals
with Disabilities, and Veterans are especially encouraged to
Keywords: Forrester Research, Inc., Raleigh , Principal Analyst, Sales Executive Strategies, Other , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!