Client Service Analyst - Trading Analytics
Raleigh, North Carolina
IHS Markit Trading Analytics delivers cutting-edge quantitative
tools which help brokers and asset managers synchronize trade
execution quality management and meet regulatory compliance
reporting needs. Our sophisticated evaluation analytics for
algorithms and smart order routers also provide execution quality
reporting and trading intelligence to sell-side firms.
Increasingly complex trade processes continue to expand the need
for performance data and actionable insights to support best
execution. Evolving global regulations also continue to drive
increased scrutiny and market participants requirement for trusted
partners who understands trade execution best practice and its
impact on their compliance reporting obligations.
The Trading Analytics team strive to deliver a best-in-class
experience in product support, relationship management and customer
communications. We are looking for a client services analyst to
join our global team, working alongside colleagues in New York,
London, and Singapore.
The successful candidate will be expected to build strong
relationships with customers in top-tier financial institutions on
both the buy-side and sell-side, ensuring their requests are
prioritized and resolved.
Analysts partner with internal groups such as product
management, operations, technology, and sales to resolve problems
or deliver product enhancements aimed at retaining existing
customers and increasing revenues to the business.
Duties & accountabilities
- Manage the relationship and communication between clients and
- Become a subject matter expert on Trading Analytics products
and share knowledge with end users.
- Understand the needs of different customers and work with
internal product management, technical & operations teams to ensure
we deliver effective solutions to complex problems.
- Collaborate with colleagues and external partners on issues
that require escalation and manage the process effectively through
- Provide insight to the sales team and product managers
regarding new revenue opportunities and new product
- Drive continual improvement of the client service processes and
strive for a world class customer experience.
Education and Experience
- Candidates should be university degree level educated. Finance,
Economics, Mathematics or Computer Sciences related qualifications
- Advanced working knowledge of main Microsoft Office programs is
- 1-2 years' experience from previous roles or internships, with
client facing responsibilities an advantage.
- Knowledge of trade processing, best execution, and transaction
cost analysis (TCA) a definite plus.
- Knowledge of SQL and/or Python beneficial.
- Interest in working with software systems and technology.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential
- Candidates must fully appreciate the impact and significance of
their role within the business.
- An understanding of our commitment to providing exceptional
customer service is essential.
- Excellent problem solving, and strong oral and written
communication skills are essential.
- Maintain up-to-date awareness of the current and future
direction of the business industry and associated
- Good understanding of investment management across all asset
types and geographies.
- Interested in the current and future direction of the industry
and associated technologies.
- Adept at building and maintaining trusted and credible
relationships with external clients and with colleagues at all
- The candidate should have excellent problem-solving skills and
be driven to achieve deadlines.
- Resilient and organized character with an ability to remain
calm and work methodically towards a resolution in demanding
- Ambitious and looking to build a career in a dynamic financial
- Able to self-organize, schedule, and prioritize effectively.
Managing multiple tasks in parallel and delivering to a high
standard while meeting tight deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, able to
present information with clarity
- Confident speaking directly with customers, senior management,
and colleagues across divisions.
- The support team is made up of many talented people, based in
offices throughout the world who all work closely together. The
candidate must be able to fit into this structure and collaborate
effectively with both business and technical teams.
- We're seeking candidates who are able to demonstrate an
aptitude for working effectively as part of a team to achieve
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS
Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all
backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment
opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability,
status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For
more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically
support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and
employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants
with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment
with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to
use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call
+1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable
accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact
information (email and phone) is intended for application
assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept
resumes or provide information about application status through the
phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted
through the online application process, and only qualified
candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may
be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In
addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company
participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply
internally via the Workday internal careers site.