Sr. Project Manager
Company: Public Consulting Group
Posted on: June 12, 2021
About Public Consulting Group
Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) is a leading public sector
solutions implementation and operations improvement firm that
partners with health, education, and human services agencies to
improve lives. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston,
Massachusetts, PCG has over 2,500 professionals in more than 60
offices worldwide. PCG's Education practice offers consulting
services and technology solutions that help schools, school
districts, and state education agencies/ministries of education to
promote student success, improve programs and processes, and
optimize financial resources. To learn more, visit http://www.publicconsultinggroup.com/education/.
Serves as regional advisor for software implementations and
project management best practices. Develops, trains and supports
standardization of project management practices across the region
in accordance to the strategic vision set forth by the Education
Practice Area's Project Management Office (PMO).
- Provide project management guidance and direction to
consultants to support the Education Area PMO, Practice area, and
South Region initiatives.
- Accountable for managing specific projects, as assigned.
- Mentor and assist project managers on project management best
practices that includes but not limited to:
- Scope Management (change requests)
- Time Management (schedules)
- Cost Management (budget, costs, and pricing)
- Quality Management (strategy and testing)
- Communications Management (reporting and escalations)
- Risk/Issue Management
- Stakeholder Management
- Systems Development Lifecycle
- Work with local managers to resolve resource constraints and
build capacity in client teams.
- Mentor project team members in problem resolution (root cause
analysis, alternatives, solutions) and in other project management
- Monitor and advise project teams across the region and work
with those teams to ensure projects meet or exceed objectives.
- Advise and support strategic initiatives to develop and train
consultants on best project management practices.
- Prepare internal and external high-level executive reports for
managers and senior staff.
- Provide after-hours support and travel, as required.
- Develop and deliver internal trainings as part of building
project management capacity in client teams across the region, as
- Strong analytical skills and ability to organize and plan work
efficiently within set time limits and other constraints.
- Excellent ability to effectively communicate and influence
outcomes with clients, project teams and development staff.
- Strong Microsoft Office applications skills (preferably with
Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access)
- Proficient in Project Management concepts, practices, and
procedures (I.e., Project Management Institute's ten Knowledge
- Project Management Certification (PMP) preferred or equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field, Master's Degree preferred
or equivalent experience (preference for focus on business
administration and/or public policy).
- 10+ years of experience in Project Management managing complex,
- Knowledge of technology solutions and K-12 education is
preferred but not required.
- Extensive experience within the Software Development Life Cycle
(SDLC), preferably within Education Technology domain.
Public Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
dedicated to celebrating diversity and intentionally creating a
culture of inclusion. We believe that we work best when our
employees feel empowered and accepted, and that starts by honoring
each of our unique life experiences. At PCG, all aspects of
employment regarding recruitment, hiring, training, promotion,
compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoff,
company-sponsored training, education, and social and recreational
programs are based on merit, business needs, job requirements, and
individual qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, religion or belief, national, social, or ethnic
origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, physical,
mental, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, marital, civil
union, or domestic partnership status, past or present military
service, citizenship status, family medical history or genetic
information, family or parental status, or any other status
protected under federal, state, or local law. PCG will not tolerate
discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
PCG believes in health, equality, and prosperity for everyone so we
can succeed in changing the ways the public sector, including
health, education, technology and human services industries,
Keywords: Public Consulting Group, Raleigh , Sr. Project Manager, Other , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!