Sr. Software Developer (Emergency Voice Services)
Posted on: June 12, 2021
What We Do
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands
like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and
more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent
voice, messaging, 911 access, and phone number services- all backed
by Bandwidth's own nationwide, all-IP voice network-allow us to
power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND.
We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their
authentic selves. #jointheband
Our Hiring Team Mission
On the Emergency Voice Services (EVS) team, our mission is to be
a global leader in 911 services by executing innovative solutions
to connecting users to emergency services with fast, reliable,
accurate 911 services. To sum it up, our mission is purposeful
because we save lives for a living.
What We Need
We're looking for a Sr. Software Developer (Emergency Voice
Services) who gets things done and is capable of being a leader on
our EVS software development team. We're seeking somebody who is a
maker, a hacker, and a software craftsman. If your idea of fun is
losing track of time while geeking out over a new web framework,
we'd like to talk to you.
What You'll Do
- You're gonna write great code and lots of it.
- You'll be a member of an agile software development team, and a
leading voice in your team's design and implementation
- You'll collaborate with peers to build and refactor code that
is both readable and reliable due to its inherent lack of
- You'll also look critically at what we're building and how
we're building it, and you'll originate ideas and activities that
advance our craft.
What You'll Need
If you're our person, you probably look like this:
- You have expertise in Java and the Java technology
- You're passionate about writing testable code, and your
non-complex test automation proves it
- You're a student of software craftsmanship, always looking for
new and better ways to build things
- You have experience building web services
- You understand network protocols, HTTP, and REST
- You're familiar with relational and non-relational database
- You have experience writing testable code and test automation
Little Extra From You
Wow, it'd be really cool if:
- You have experience with AWS or another cloud platform, and you
"get" how scalable cloud applications are engineered
- You have worked with Docker containers and Kubernetes
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but
not sure if you're 100% qualified? Do feel as you can work to help
us crush the mission? If you answered 'yes' to both of these
questions, we encourage you to apply! You won't want to miss the
opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
Little Extra For You
At Bandwidth, we're pretty proud of our corporate culture, which
is rooted in our "Whole Person Promise." We promise all employees
that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide
a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and
spirit. How do we do that? Well
- You're guaranteed to be given "work that matters." If you ain't
feelin' that, let us know. We'll fix it.
- With our Hacker Hours program, you get protected time to learn,
experiment, and build with the technology you want to! You can even
submit projects to our yearly Hack-of-the-Year competition complete
with awards and prizes.
- Your health insurance premiums are 100% paid by Bandwidth. So
are your dental insurance premiums. So are your life insurance
premiums. It's pretty nice.
- When you're on vacation, nobody is allowed to contact you. No
calls, texts, emails Enjoy your time off.
- We provide you with a gym membership, a lunchtime shuttle to
the gym, and give you 90 minutes for lunch if you work out.
- Not enough time to hit the gym? There's a locker room and
cardio equipment on the first floor.
Applicant Privacy Notice
Keywords: Bandwidth, Raleigh , Sr. Software Developer (Emergency Voice Services), Other , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!