Traffic Control Supervisor
Company: S.T. Wooten Corporation
Posted on: June 12, 2021
JOB LOCATION: Garner, NC and Surrounding Areas
$2,500.00 SIGNING BONUS.
Responsible for performing and supervising complete work zone
traffic control operations and procedures for heavy highway
- Perform work zone traffic control activities as needed and
- Develop and execute an effective and compliant traffic control
plan, in conjunction with project management, including individual
work activities, to meet project goals.
- Conduct daily and routine work zone traffic control inspections
- Responsible for training and development of workers who perform
work zone traffic control tasks.
- Required to operate pickups and/or flatbed trucks, and
miscellaneous hand tools.
- Work from ladders, lifts, scaffolds, as necessary, to install,
maintain or repair traffic control
- Must also be able to load and unload trucks and haul and lift
- Complete required paperwork in a timely manner while assuring
- Assures the proper handling, storage and inventory of work zone
traffic control equipment and materials for the duration of the
- Ensure that required tasks are completed in accordance with all
applicable company, local, state and federal rules and
- Effectively communicate any problems or concerns to appropriate
- Perform additional duties as required or directed by their
immediate supervisor or other manager.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- NC Work Zone Installer Certificate required.
- NC Work Zone Supervisor Certificate preferred.
- Minimum of 2 plus years of experience in installing, planning,
organizing and supervising work zone traffic control
- Must have experience working with NCDOT.
- Working knowledge of OSHA regulations and MUTCD standards.
- Ability to communicate problems based on the many variables of
- Prioritize and handle multiple tasks at once with a sense of
- Must be a minimum of 21 years old.
- Possess a valid NC driver's license and have a good driving
- Regular and predictable attendance with a good work ethic is a
- Must work as a team player with strong communication
- Willing to work flexible hours including long days, weekends
and/or evenings as necessary.
- Candidate must be willing to travel out of town as needed.
Average physical effort required including pulling and lifting
or moving average weight material with occasional lifting or moving
materials or equipment (over 25 and up to 60 pounds). If a position
specific Physical Demands sheet is attached, it will describe in
more detail the physical demands that are required.
Position requires the ability to occasionally work around any or
all of the following: noise, dust, heat, cold, oil and heavy
equipment. Personal protective equipment is normally required of
the position. Position requires ability to exchange ideas quickly
and clearly and the ability to receive and evaluate detailed
information and instructions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this
job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties and skills required of the position. All
employees may have other duties assigned at any time.
EOE. Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
Keywords: S.T. Wooten Corporation, Raleigh , Traffic Control Supervisor, Other , Garner, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!