Company: City of Raleigh North Carolina
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Pullen Park is North Carolina's first amusement park and one of
the region's most frequented public parks. Join our staff as part
of the cashier and customer service team, helping to make our guest
experience memorable. As a Cashier you will often be the first
point of contact for our guests, processing transactions and
responding to questions about the park and our programs. By
creating a positive first impression with guests, we hope to make
their experience exceptional and encourage them to return for
future visits with their families.
As part of our cashier team, you may also be assigned shifts at
the John Chavis Memorial Park carousel.
Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the safe and efficient operation of the amusement
area of the park, focusing on, but not limited to the guest service
- Interact in a courteous manner, assisting guests in finding
their answers to all park and area related questions.
- Efficiently and accurately operate a POS (point-of-sale
system), following the City of Raleigh cash handling
- Process a large volume of transactions, doing basic math to
ensure accuracy of sales.
- Communicate effectively with a diverse population, using
gestures and brochures as needed to assist with guest
- Interpret guest needs, providing them the amount of tickets
they will need to accomplish their goals in the park.
- Ensure a balanced drawer at the end of each shift.
- Assist by handling in person requests and comments from guests
entering the Welcome Center.
- Retain information about site amenities, fees and directions to
meet the needs and questions of park patrons.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of the work area.
- Perform general duties as required.
- Position is generally stationed at a ticket window and may
require some movement within the guest service area and back office
to complete tasks.
- Assist with set-up, execution and tear down of park
- Some outdoor work may be required during park events and
varying times of the year.
- Perform cashier responsibilities at park events and
- Attend all required City of Raleigh trainings, completing
online training supplements as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Able to move equipment, which may include pushing, pulling, and
- Able to stand for up to eight (8) hours at a time.
- Able to work in a considerably noisy environment.
- Must have full use of arms and legs to operate equipment, climb
stairs, and have bimanual dexterity (full use of both arms and both
- Able to work outside during the warm and cold months.
- Able to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up
to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force
constantly to move objects.
- Must have eyesight of at least 20/30 with or without
- Must be able to hear at least 40 decibels in an environment
producing 500 - 4000 hertz.
- Must be able to perform the following movements: Balancing,
Stooping, Crouching, Kneeling, Reaching, Standing, Walking,
Pushing, Pulling, Lifting, Grasping, and Talking.
Applicants for this position should be well-rounded, organized
self-starters. An outgoing personality is a must. The ability to
adjust to a fast-paced environment, with possible down times during
slower months or days is essential. Communication skills related to
listening, interpreting and speaking are key to be a successful
You must be comfortable with basic math, as accuracy helps us
maintain balanced drawers and inventory of our tickets and
ridership. The ability to communicate clearly in English is
required. Being bilingual is a plus, but not required.
Applicants must be at least 16 years of age.
The park is open most days of the year, including holidays.
Flexibility in scheduling is important so that we can meet the
needs of the operation. Opportunities for advancement at this
location exist in the positions of Attractions Operations, Event
Support Staff and Recreation Leader.
Keywords: City of Raleigh North Carolina, Raleigh , Cashier, Other , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!