Lead Supervisor-in-Charge (SIC)/Scheduler
Company: Affinity Living Group
Posted on: June 12, 2021
WHEN: TUESDAY, JUNE 15TH
ANYTIME BETWEEN: 8AM-12PM; 1PM-4PM
You can earn up to a $500 signing bonus for joining our
LIMITED TIME ONLY! NOW-JULY 25th
Do you want to make a positive change in someone's life? APPLY
NOW and come grow your career with us!
Nature and scope
Direct community staff in all aspects of resident care,
including but not limited to: ensuring community is adequately
staffed and arranging coverage in the event of call-outs;
supervising, arranging, and directing work of all care staff;
leading care staff stand-up meetings; and overseeing resident
medication management. Creates the care staff schedule and partners
with Business Office to ensure that the schedule is continually
current and up to date.
Minimum eligibility requirements
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- High school diploma, GED or have passed the alternative exam
established by the department.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Six months of training or experience related to the management
or supervision in long term care or health care setting or be a
- Minimum of one-year previous experience as a personal care aide
or certified nursing assistant for the elderly in an assisted
living or long-term care setting.
- Successfully complete DHSR Adult Care Medication Aide training
requirements including Medication Aide Clinical Skills check off
(return demonstration/ medication pass) and successful passing of
the State Medication Aide test within 60 days of skills check
- Successfully completed state Infectious Disease Course.
- Must possess all required licenses and/or certifications if
required by state licensing authority and maintain continuing
- Must have the ability to remain calm under stressful
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents, families,
staff, vendors and general public.
- Must have compassion for and desire to work with the elderly.
Must respect that the work environment is the resident's home.
- Must have basic computer skills or willing to learn computer
skills needed for e-MAR system.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work responsibly as a team
member as well as an individual.
- Must be honest, fair, ethical, dependable, respect
confidentiality and the rights and privacy of others and local,
state and federal laws.
- Must practice and promote the Company's Policies and
Procedures, Mission Statement, Values and Goals.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Must meet all health requirements.
- Must pass criminal background check.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities (essential
job functions), with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Provide medication administration and treatments for residents
in accordance with doctors' orders, state regulations and company
policy including: taking accurate orders, ordering and securing
medication, pouring, preparing, administering, documentation and
documentation of results.
- Responsible for managing the floor or assigned unit, resident
care and routine operations in the absence of their immediate
supervisor and/or the administrator.
- Responsible for scheduling care staff and ensuring there is
adequate staffing to meet the residents' care needs. Tracks staff
attendance and arranges coverage in the event of call-outs.
- Responsible for the safety and welfare of the residents and
must be able to act in the event of an emergency, provide
leadership and guidance to ensure resident safety.
- Must have basic understanding of diabetes, diabetic care,
diabetic medications, glucometer management, finger stick blood
sugar testing, insulin administration and be able to recognize and
act upon symptoms of hypoglycemia and hyperglycemia as indicated
per state regulations.
- Responsible for proper management of narcotic medications to
include ordering, procuring, maintaining chain of command, storage,
reconciliation and documentation.
- Observe residents for changes in physical, emotional, mental or
behavioral condition, unusual symptoms, medication side effects,
accidents, injuries or unusual occurrence and reports immediately
to Executive Director or Resident Care/Memory Care
- Ensure sound infection control practices in the management and
delivery of resident care, medications and/or treatments.
- Perform medication cart audits and assist in maintaining the
medication cart and medication room in a neat and orderly
- Accept responsibility for security of the medication cart and
medication storage room for assigned shifts.
- May be called upon to assist residents with meeting resident
needs to include but not limited to activities of daily living,
including bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, eating,
transferring, and mobility as needed when not performing medication
- Engage residents in meaningful conversation, socialization, and
activity while providing medication administration and
- Respond to all resident needs and/or requests for care promptly
and provide or obtain assistance as necessary.
- Complete all required documentation such as but not limited to
medication administration records, incident reports, change of
condition reports, medication refusal reports and behavioral
documentation as requested and required in a timely manner.
- Earn 12 annual continuing education credits related to the
management of adult care home or care of aged or disabled
Joint decisions and duties between Lead SIC/Scheduler and Area
Director of Clinical Services and Executive Director:
- Seek guidance as needed Executive Director and Area Director of
- Assist with cost control by utilizing resources efficiently and
in a waste-free manner.
- Ensure compliance and understanding of all regulations
regarding residents' rights.
Attend training sessions as directed by supervisor and assure
completion of required continuing education requirements.
- Follow and communicate company policies and procedures.
- The job description provides a framework for the job; other
duties may be assigned as necessary.
Working conditions (travel, hours, environment)
- Scheduled hours; possible overtime. May work in other positions
temporarily when necessary.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Is involved with resident, personnel, state and county
monitors, visitors under all conditions and circumstances.
- Communicates with the other staff, consultant personnel and
other department supervisors.
- Is subject to callback during emergency conditions (e.g.,
severe weather, evacuation, post-disaster, etc.).
- Is subject to injury from falls, burns from equipment, odors,
etc., through the workday, as well as to reactions from dust,
disinfectants, tobacco smoke, and other air contaminants.
- Is subject to exposure to infectious waste, diseases,
conditions, etc., including TB and the AIDS and Hepatitis B
- May be subject to the handling of and exposure to hazardous
- Medium work: ability to exert 20-50 pounds of force
occasionally, and/or 10-25 pounds of force frequently, and/or
greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to
lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Must function independently and have flexibility, personal
integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents and
- Must be able to relate to and work with the ill, disabled,
elderly, emotionally upset and, at times, hostile people within the
- OSHA category classification
II: Potential for exposure to bloodborne pathogens.
Note: All duties and responsibilities listed are considered to
be essential job functions and requirements and are subject to
possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with
disabilities. Marginal functions of the position (those that are
incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties) have not
been included. However, the omission of specific statements of
duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is
similar, related or logical assignment to the position.
Keywords: Affinity Living Group, Raleigh , Lead Supervisor-in-Charge (SIC)/Scheduler, Other , Zebulon, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!