Important Note: During the application process, ensure your
contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and
upload your current resume when submitting your application for
consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will
need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by
both email and text message. In order to receive text message
invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number
designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact
information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put
our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking
candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a
workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with
outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development,
and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo
infrastructure; provides information security; and enables Wells
Fargo global customers to have 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
banking access through in-branch, online, ATMs, and other
Our mission is to deliver stable, secure, scalable, and
innovative services at speeds that delight and satisfy our
customers and unleash the skills potential of our employees.
Specialized Database Products is a team within Enterprise
Database Management (EDM) that is responsible for supporting
critical database platforms and integrating new database
technologies and platforms into the Wells Fargo ecosystem.
The Database Engineer position, specifically with expertise in
design, administration, high availability, and operational support
experience with the Db2 LUW and MongoDB platform will join a
growing and high energy team supporting enterprise Customers. As a
Db2 LUW/MongoDB Database Engineer, you will be responsible for
providing the highest technical expertise for the planning, design,
implementation, upgrade, patching, capacity planning, and day to
day operations for the distributed DB2 and MongoDB database
platforms including technical communications with the vendor. This
role will also provide oversight, mentoring, and leadership to less
experienced on-shore and off-shore staff. The successful candidate
must be comfortable working on multiple dynamic projects
simultaneously, collaborating with database architects, application
teams, information security teams, and leadership at all levels of
Responsibilities for this role in working on an enterprise team
supporting large, highly complex databases include the
- Ability to see the big picture and influence future direction
in alignment with EDM and enterprise goals.
- Automation - Streamline repeatable build and operational
support practices that scale with technology changes.
- Develop database high availability and replication solutions to
meet the requirements of high tier applications.
- Gain technical depth and breadth with new features, products
and tools to serve as a subject matter expert for the EDM
- Drive adoption of standard operational practices to deliver
highly available solutions.
- Participation with an on-call DBA rotation.
- Ability to take a lead role in projects that have a broad
impact. Strong Customer Service Focus.
- 5+ years of database (DB) technologies experience
- 3+ years of Logical + Physical Data Modeling experience
- 5+ years of experience in supporting software development life
cycle for large-scale distributed technology projects and
- 2+ years of experience working with large data sets,
transactional platforms, or a combination of both
- 7+ years of experience in database design and
- Working knowledge of Agile methodologies and tools
- Strong technical and task/timeline-oriented skills necessary to
ensure projects are completed in a timely and accurate manner
- Knowledgeable in the programming or scripting language
- Experience implementing new technologies
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience building and supporting a MongoDB Ops Manager
- Experience implementing Kerberos and/or LDAP authorization and
authentication with MongoDB
- Experience supporting MongoDB databases scaled across data
- Experience supporting MongoDB Shards. Experience with Pearl
and/or Java scripting
- Experience with backup and restore of MongoDB databases using
LVM snapshots and Ops Manager backups
- In-depth understanding of MongoDB HA strategies, including
- Experience in writing MongoDB Schema using Mongos.
- Experience with setting and tuning MongoDB system
- Experience using MongoDB Ops Manag
- Experience with Jira and Agile delivery
- In-depth understanding of Replication and HA strategies
- 2+ years supporting database implementations in a regulated
banking or financial industry
- 3+ years of database replication experience (IIDR-QREP, HADR,
Streaming Replication, BDR(Bi-Directional)
- 6+ years of supporting highly available distributed
- 4+ years of MongoDB experience
- 2+ years of MongoDB Ops Manager experience
The salary range displayed below is based on a Full-time 40 hour
a week schedule.
AZ-Chandler: Min: $84,000 Mid: $120,000
IA-West Des Moines: Min: $84,000 Mid: $120,000
MN-Minneapolis: Min: $84,000 Mid: $120,000
NC-Raleigh: Min: $84,000 Mid: $120,000
IL-Chicago: Min: $92,400 Mid: $132,000
AZ-Chandler: 2700 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
IA-West Des Moines: 800 S Jordan Creek Pkwy - West Des Moines,
MN-Minneapolis: 255 2nd Ave S - Minneapolis, MN
NC-Raleigh: 1100 Corporate Center Dr - Raleigh, NC
IL-Chicago: 10 S Wacker Drive - Chicago, IL
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon
the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background
check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of
applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of
the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and
transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual
for benefits information.