Territory Sales Representative
Company: Advantage Sales and Marketing, LLC
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Territory Sales Representative
Are you a motivated individual eager to develop and accelerate
your career in customer success and sales? The Territory Sales
Representative position at The Data Council will do exactly that.
Join an innovative growing company in the product digital content
You will be responsible for executing strategic customer upsell
campaigns, renewals, and retention activities within our growing
small to medium enterprise customer segment. We are looking for
self-motivated sales professionals with a passion for solving
problems and working in collaborative team environments.
This is a permanantly remote role.
What we offer:
- Full-Time Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- 401(k) with company match
- Training and Career Development
- Generous Paid Time-Off
- Training, onsite and virtual
- A dynamic, ambitious, fun and growth promoting work
- The ability to partner with top brands with global
- This position requires up to 5% travel.
- Utilize value based selling skills to uncover clients existing
service issues and needs, explain our value proposition, and
provide alternative solutions to meet the client's needs.
- Drive market share gains and meet company expectations for
growth by completing a large volume of outbound phone calls each
- Ensures territory of customers renew on an annual basis with
annual fee increases.
- Manage a territory and close opportunities utilizing inbound
and outbound calls to meet/exceed quota for the IX-ONE portfolio of
- Qualifies opportunities from campaign and program lists and
drives them through the sales cycle.
- Ensures appropriate identification, planning, account
qualification, and needs analysis are performed at all levels, and
demonstrates familiarity with the sales cycle.
- Responds to requests from customers for information and
delivery of online presentations.
- Effectively uses the CRM tool to enter all sales information
into this system.
- Keeps current on competition, competitive issues and
- Keeps management informed of all activity, including timely
preparation of CRM input.
- Maintain Client's catalogs including but not limited to adding
new items, revising copy, and creating variations to ensure
performance standards are met.
- Provide recommendations to the Business Management team on
account performance and areas for improvement.
- Providing additional support that will enable our team to
deliver strong sales growth and excellent customer to our
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- CPG industry experience.
- 1-3 Years of experience in related field (preferably customer
success, inside sales, telemarketing and/or prospecting with
account management responsibility).
- Research and analyzing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Ability to easily understand technology and communicate it to
- Quick learner and self-starter with an entrepreneurial work
- Results-oriented team player with a committed effort to exceed
- Track record in consistently exceeding individual sales
- Goal-oriented with strong selling skills
- Ability to handle in-coming inquiries and bring them to
- Communication: both verbally to build relationships, and in
writing to accomplish follow-up.
- Strong listening skills an adaptability to adjust style and
message based on customer cues.
- Well organized, detail oriented, & able to handle fast paced
- Ability to work independently & prioritize with minimal
supervision, in order to meet deadlines.
- Basic Computer Skills, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint,
The Company is one of North America's leading sales and
marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising,
category management and marketing services to manufacturers,
suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged
goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including
grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar,
club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge
the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers
access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
- Developing and leveraging relationships with key influence and
decision makers in assigned stores and markets.
- Delivering consistent market level contact and administration
as per client and customer standards.
- Effectively gaining front end and main aisle presence of client
- Implement strategies to meet or exceed goals for assigned
stores and markets.
- Growing POS for client brands by selling incremental display
locations, selling the execution of plan-o-grammed locations,
executing initiatives as well as maintaining in stock
- Analyzes and develops business plans each Quarter that
identifies opportunities to grow sales within their territory.
Organizing and Planning
- Follows team sales call standards and strategically implements
a call coverage plan that meets the business needs of client and
the retail customer.
- Administration/Reporting: Complete accurate and timely
paperwork, reports, recaps, itineraries, expense reports, etc.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for
- This position does not have guidance or mentoring
responsibilities for indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements:
- Travel and Driving is an essential duty and function of this
The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which
an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential
duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: (Required): High School Diploma or GED
(Preferred): Bachelor's Degree
Field of Study/Area of Experience: Sales
- 3-5 years of experience in Sales
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities, and Software/Tools
- Excellent written communication and verbal communication
- Excellent customer service orientation
- Ability to exercise sound judgment
- Ability to make oral presentations
- Ability to develop strategic plans to grow the business
- Track record of building and maintaining customer/client
- Flexible and adaptable, able to change and alter according to
changes in projects or business environment
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and web-browsers
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Field / Reps Requirements:
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the
job. Work is performed in a retail in-store environment. Typically
requires the ability to travel, drive, and engage in considerable
physical activity, ability to lift and/or push up to 74 pounds,
stand on feet for long periods of time, use products or cook food
as appropriate for the demonstration, and may be required to work
in extremely cold conditions (i.e. refrigerated and freezer
sections). The use of proper safety practices when handling the
products and/or cooking is essential.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all
employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental
disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this
commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of
known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for
employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy
the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the
Keywords: Advantage Sales and Marketing, LLC, Raleigh , Territory Sales Representative, Other , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!