Employee Relations Specialist - Virtual
Company: Cushman & Wakefield Inc
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Employee Relations Specialist - Virtual
Job Description Summary
The Employee Relations Specialist is responsible for the
delivery of employee relations governance and consulting services
to designated internal clients on ER matters. Key skills required
to be successful in this role are exceptional communication
skills-especially in a virtual environment, strong connection and
relationship skills, action orientation and responsive mindset, and
ability to write and document issues with clarity and precision.
This role reports to the Senior HR Manager for Account Management
within Global Occupier Services and will matrix to the Senior HR
Manager for Employee Relations.
The Employee Relations Specialist will take the lead on ER cases
within Global Occupier Services for a designated internal client
group and will partner with dedicated HR Business Partners (HRBPs)
on standard to complex ER cases.
The Employee Relations Specialist will utilize a Case Management
system to store and track case notes and generate ER metrics
reports for various client groups.
- Responsible for the delivery of Employee Relations consulting
services to dedicated client groups on standard to complex ER
- Work with employees and their managers to understand
perspectives and to guide toward resolution of conflict or
- Investigate internal employee complaints of unfair treatment,
harassment, discrimination, workplace violence or hostile work
environment. Recommend solutions to management and dedicated HRBPs,
including consistent corrective action or termination, based on
company policies, weighing legal risk factors to the organization.
Document investigation, recommendations and resolution for the
- Consult and coach managers on performance management best
practices, including progressive performance management,
performance improvement plans, exit strategies, and involuntary
- Investigate, review, consult, and provide recommendations to
managers on employee misconduct issues. Make recommendations
regarding appropriate level of corrective action or termination to
HRPBs and management based on company policies and laws.
- Consult with management, HRBPs, ER COE, Legal, Benefits, Leave
Administration and Risk management on escalated leave of absence
and job accommodation requests. Provide recommendations, resolution
and influence management on recommendations based on company
policies and laws. Ensure appropriate documentation to support
- Support and consult with HRBPs and managers with position
elimination activities; coordinate approved business cases with
aligned HRBP, ER COE, and the HR Operations team to ensure a
seamless and thoughtful process for affected employees and
non-affected managers and employees
- Provide change management support to management and HRPBs.
- Partner with dedicated HRBP on issues that are highly complex
or present significant risk to the business or company.
- Utilize Case Management tools to document and effectively
manage ER matters and investigations; will become the Subject
Matter Expert and Super User of the Case Management tool,
generating reports and tracking trends.
- Provide input and insight on holistic intervention and
engagement efforts and remedies
- Liaise and partner with Legal and ER COE on high level, high
risk, or highly complex issues and their resolution.
- May assist in the creation and refinement of company-wide HR
policies; collaborate and consult on non-HR policies.
- The Employee Relations Consultant may assist or take lead in
the development of training, tools, templates, processes and
reference materials, or other projects in support of the ER COE
- May participate in project work that supports the ER COE, the
HR team, or other functions
- Occasional travel to other C&W locations to participate in
investigations and meetings
- Bachelor's Degree in HR or related area, or equivalent
- 3-6 years years of progressive ER or HR Generalist
- PHR or SPHR designation preferred
- Seasoned and proven skills in managing difficult ER situations,
conflict management, employment law, influence skills, as well as
deep and broad knowledge of Human Resources in general
- Superior diagnostic and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid business intelligence
- Ability to influence leaders and colleagues; skilled counselor,
consultant and facilitator
- Strong organization skills and project management skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Knowledge of HRMS systems such as Workday and PeopleSoft
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity.
Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman &
Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran
status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or
Keywords: Cushman & Wakefield Inc, Raleigh , Employee Relations Specialist - Virtual, Other , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!