Automation Operator I
Company: Coca Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Requisition ID: 24352
Posting Locations: Clayton
Our Secret Ingredient is our Teammates.
We offer great rewards, competitive pay, career
advancement and growth opportunities.
Full Time Teammates are also eligible for:
- Paid Training
- Paid Time Off plus paid holidays
- 401(k) with Company matching on a dollar-for-dollar basis
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Group Health Insurance Medical, Dental, Vision &
- Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
Refresh and Grow your Career with Us!
The Automation Operator I is responsible for assisting and
facilitating case-picking and sorting within an assigned portion of
the automated warehouse utilizing computers, software, and complex
machines. This role is responsible for proactively monitoring
upcoming orders and guiding, assigning teammates to the appropriate
areas to ensure efficient operation. The Automation Operator I will
provide feedback on performance, assist in interviewing potential
candidates, provide direction of work to the assigned team, and
provide guidance and support to any specific area of responsibility
and, or Team as designated by the Warehouse Manager. Finally, the
Automation Operator I must adhere to all established CCCI safety
procedures and policies, while multi-tasking and making sound
proactive decisions in a noisy and time-sensitive environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Operates VPS Vertique picking and loading software within the
automation environment with a high degree of competence.
- Maintains proper function of complex machines through advanced
problem-solving skills and logic to include simple data
- Maintains a full understanding of package dimensions,
descriptions, and SKU numbers.
- Troubleshoots powered conveyors for simple malfunctions.
- Participates in regular housekeeping duties within the machines
as well as in the warehouse.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel,
Outlook) and Internet Explorer.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced atmosphere while walking and
repetitively lifting 30 lbs.
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to collaborate within a team environment.
- Ability to coordinate and organize efficient and dependable
- Ability to adapt to needs of role in different work areas
throughout the workday and meet minimum expectations of those
different work areas.
- Ability to read and interpret instructions from a computer
- Attention to detail and ability to differentiate our
- Ability to work in a noisy and non-climate controlled (Hot in
summer, cold in winter) environment.
- Intentional self-starter who takes initiative and proactively
seeks out value-add opportunities.
- Flexibility (Schedules, Hours change with the demands of the
- High school diploma or GED
- Knowledge acquired through 1 to up to 3 years of work
- Experience in an automated environment preferred.
Noisy and non-temperature-controlled environment (Hot in
summer/Cold in winter)
Coca-Cola Consolidated, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: Coca Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated, Raleigh , Automation Operator I, Other , Clayton, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!