Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Company: TRC Companies, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
TRC is seeking Senior Geotechnical Engineer in Raleigh, NC to
remotely support our growing Engineering and Remediation Practice
in Greenville, SC. The successful candidate will be a highly
motivated individual looking for career growth and experience in
geotechnical engineering on geo-environmental and renewable (solar
& wind) energy.
Our engineering staff provide support for permitting, design,
and construction of a wide variety of technically challenging
projects primarily for industrial, utility, renewable energy, and
public sector/private clients. The Senior Geotechnical Engineer
position provides clients with all aspects of consulting from
proposal preparation to project execution, as well as expertise in
geotechnical field work and data interpretation. The position
focuses on a candidate developing skills to establish an
environmental and geotechnical practice/client base; managing
existing clients, workloads, and mentoring junior staff members by
- Identifying and leading project and client pursuits.
- Serving in a project management, QA and/or lead technical role
for a wide range of projects of various degrees of complexity.
- Ensuring that project work is executed on time, within budget
and in accordance with the Client's requirements and TRC
- Performing geotechnical analysis and preparing engineering
calculations, reports, plans, specifications, and other contract
documents as applicable, especially for larger, more complex
- Provide construction quality assurance services for
- Providing in-depth technical knowledge and guidance for
geotechnical pursuits and geotechnical design and construction
- Lead projects from design through implementation; oversee
preparation of technical correspondence, project proposals,
technical reports, work plans, and project specifications including
cost estimates and budgets.
- Perform regular client engagement resulting in continually
expanding client trust relationships.
- Develop proposals resulting in the award of new work with
- Provide highly-competent technical leadership resulting in
successful project delivery.
- Deliver meticulous project financial management resulting in
consistently profitable work.
- Perform sales development of clients through direct client
contact and support of peer sellers within TRC.
- Build, develop and grow business relationships, secure project
work, manage execution of projects, and provide support to
seller/doer staff nationally for TRC.
- Have strong technical writing, data management, organizational
and communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Geology, Geological Engineering, or
Geotechnical Engineering or Civil Engineering with an emphasis in
- Registration as a Professional Engineer with ability to obtain
reciprocity to targeted states where TRC performs work.
- 15+ years of engineering consulting firm experience with an
emphasis on geotechnical engineering on solid waste, wastewater
impoundment, soil remediation and renewable (solar & wind) energy
- Experience with landfill evaluation, design, and construction,
including both municipal and industrial solid waste units.
- Experience with geotechnical support of site remediation
projects, including construction dewatering, in-situ
stabilization/solidification and soil removal/disposal.
- Experience with landfill gas monitoring, analysis and
collection system design.
- Experience with geotechnical design solutions using
- Experience with grading and slope stability analysis.
- Construction quality assurance/management experience.
- Project management and client development experience for
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel software. Experience
with geotechnical and solid waste modeling software (slope
stability, seepage, settlement, HELP, LMOP).
- Ability to pass a background check, drug screen and OSHA
The following skills and experience a plus:
- Master's degree in related field.
- Experience with energy related projects, specifically renewable
energy (wind, solar, etc.).
- Experience with Coal Combustion Residual material
- OSHA 40 hr. HAZWOPER certification.
TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation
and benefits package including a 401k plan with a company match.
For more information please visit our website at
Keywords: TRC Companies, Inc., Raleigh , Senior Geotechnical Engineer, Other , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!