Cloud Security Engineer
Posted on: May 4, 2021
This is a mid- to senior-level full time individual contributor
security engineering role. You will join our small but growing
DevOps team, working in a highly collaborative environment
primarily with our Information Security and Platform teams, but
also lending your skills and expertise to other engineering teams.
You'll help move Magnus Veracross to the next level of security and
compliance. This role will have shared ownership over technical
security projects, tooling, and audit support. This position
reports to the Engineering Manager of the DevOps team. As our first
dedicated security engineer hire, you'll get to help set the tone
and direction of the role.
This role is dynamic and offers opportunities for technical growth.
As a member of the Core Engineering group, you will help deploy,
monitor, configure, and secure our infrastructure, applications,
and databases. We're looking for an experienced person to focus on
the infrastructure initiatives that improve our security and
compliance, with a drive to protect our clients and our business.
The balance of your time will include improving the security of our
tooling and applications. All engineering teams follow Agile
processes, and you'll participate in those and occasionally lead
Our engineering team is remote-friendly, distributed, and has
employees in a variety of states and contractors in several
countries. Our headquarters are in Wakefield, MA and Raleigh, NC
and proximity to those locations is preferred. However, applicants
are encouraged to apply from anywhere in the United States. If you
are remote, some limited travel to our offices may occur after the
What to Expect
- Be a full-time member of the DevOps team and participate in
their projects, meetings, and ceremonies.
- Work with engineers, engineering leadership, and others to
maintain and improve the security and compliance of our
infrastructure, tools, and applications as well as build and
advance our information security roadmap.
- Use Infrastructure as Code to maintain a modern
- Operate within Agile best practices across several teams.
- Assist with Information Security and Privacy initiatives,
including PCI, HIPAA, SOC2, GDPR, and ISO 27001.
- Improve processes and documentation related to security,
compliance, and infrastructure.
- Assess internal systems for points of vulnerability and provide
subject matter expertise to engineering teams.
- Be a member of the Incident Response Team.
- Participate in on-call rotations for infrastructure
You'll be a good fit if you have ---
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent organization and planning skills, both technical and
- The ability to perform technical responsibilities
- The ability to be flexible and adaptable, both in your duties
- Experience with Agile process management.
- 5+ years of security experience in cloud environments;
experience in a medium-sized SaaS model business a plus.
- Experience with AWS, Linux, web servers, git, bash or the like;
experience with Windows Server and powershell a plus.
- Experience with HashiCorp Terraform, Cloud Formation, Ansible,
Chef, or Puppet.
- Experience with HashiCorp Consul, Vault, Packer a plus.
- Experience securing and testing web applications.
- Experience with relational databases a plus.
- Experience with containers and CI/CD tools. Experience with ECS
and CircleCI a plus.
- A service- and team-oriented mindset.
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field; or
- Eligibility to work in the US.
Keywords: Veracross, Raleigh , Cloud Security Engineer, Other , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!