Company: Wake Research
Posted on: September 12, 2020
Job DescriptionM3 Wake Research, Inc. is one of the largest
independent clinical research site services companies in North
America. M3 Wake Research has more than 15 owned and managed
research sites across 7 states in the US and continues to grow. Due
to this growth and expansion, the company is seeking an Assistant
Controller to join our Accounting team in our Raleigh, NC
location.The Assistant Controller maintains accurate financial
records, provides timely and correct financial reporting, and
monitors and controls accounting workflow, striving to increase
productivity while maintaining the quality of service. This role
supervises a team of direct reports and oversees accounting
procedures, internal controls (implementing, monitoring,
enhancing), and accounting database management.
- Prepares financial statements to summarize and forecast the
companys financial status.
- Prepares monthly financial statements for the company and
consolidated statements for all subsidiaries.
- Manages monthly accounting close processes, which includes
preparing journal entries, reviewing preliminary reports, and other
associated activities necessary to close the books.
- Supervises, prepares, and approves general ledger account
- Produces and manages balance sheets and analyzes future
earnings and expenses.
- Ensures accuracy of Balance Sheet accounts.
- Assists with management of accounting, auditing and budgeting
within the organization.
- Assists with preparations for audits.
- Reconciles accounting inaccuracies or imbalances.
- Ensures compliance with applicable government regulations and
prepares reports accordingly.
- Uses accounting software to maintain records and prepare
- Ensures that employee payroll is prepared on a timely basis in
an accurate manner
- Ensures all tax filings are completed on a timely basis and in
an accurate manner
- Ensures that vendors and physicians are paid on a timely basis
and in an accurate manner.
- Delegates accounting tasks to accounting staff.
- Coordinates with and prepares reports for Controller, CEO and
- Interacts with managers, directors, and other member of the
leadership team as required to manage cost center spending budgets,
headcount, distressed inventory strategies, accurate volume
forecasting, overhead cost control and effective execution of
planned cost improvement initiatives.
- Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing related tasks as
- Manages a team of direct reports. Trains, develops, evaluates
and mentors team members.Requirements
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting required; Masters Degree in
- 7+ years senior-level accounting experience preferred
- 4+ years supervisory experience required
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills and be
able to tactfully interface with internal and external clients
(including phone and e-mail)
- Previous healthcare or clinical research industry experience
- Intermediate to advanced skills with Excel, Outlook, and other
Microsoft Office systems
- Familiarity with accounting systems, NetSuite Preferred
- Strong Organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced knowledge of revenue, accounts receivable, fluctuation
reporting, all other related accounting conceptsBenefitsM3 Wake
Research offers a comprehensive competitive benefits package,
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life, Accident and Long-term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Plan and Match
- Paid Time Off
Keywords: Wake Research, Raleigh , Assistant Controller, Other , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!