Software Delivery Lead
Company: The Judge Group, Inc.
Posted on: September 15, 2019
Location: Raleigh, NC Description: Our client is currently seeking
a Software Delivery Lead to oversee their software team. While this
person has supervisory responsibilities, this person will be
expected to be entirely hands on as well. This is a great role for
someone in a lead role that is looking to take on more
responsibilities and really spearhead a team.This job will have the
- Oversee the day-to-day operations and decision making of
application development, including management of personnel
resources, task prioritization, and evaluation. This is a hands-on
position and requires broad technical competence.
- Plan, coordinate, and supervise the activities related to the
design, development, and implementation of information systems and
- Develop and implement Java/J2EE and Web applications in an
- Develop and implement software services for use in
service-oriented architecture (SOA).
- Works closely with the Principal Architect on system reviews
and programming/infrastructure designs.
- Assists in strategic planning in support of new industry trends
and growth as it relates to integration and development.
- Supervise the development team to achieve and maintain
exceptional levels of performance.
- Monitor work processes and work with the Director to implement
- Work with the Director to select, train, develop, appraise, and
motivate qualified staff to effectively carry out their
- Work with assigned staff to evaluate and identify improvement
opportunities and provides immediate and direct feedback.
- Communicate with Director about training needs and performance
- Establish and maintain a work environment that encourages
employee development and instills in each employee a realization of
the need for close attention to detail, customer satisfaction and
- Mentor the engineering team to develop and perform as highly as
- Manage multiple cross functional scrum teams including BAs, QA
and database developer
- Drive organization initiatives including Agile maturity,
automated testing, continuous integration, continuous delivery and
documentation. Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor-s Degree
- Solid understanding of software engineering and processes:
design patterns, algorithms, data structures, schemas and queries,
system design, unit testing, code reviews, agile, and dev-ops.
- Experience working with teams that leveraged two or more of the
following: continuous integration / continuous delivery tools, REST
API development, serverless architecture, containerization, IaC,
public / private cloud, web applications, web services, application
observability and/or messaging / stream architecture.
- Previous IT leadership experience
- Deep agile development experience; strong understanding of
- Experience with Automation Testing
- Experience with CI/CD, Jenkins/TFS build management
- Experience in healthcare industry
- Deep understanding of industry patterns for application
architecture and integration
- 3+ years of managing cross functional teams, with emphasis on
- 5-8+ years of experience developing web application and web
service development with languages such as Java/J2EE, C# or Python
as an engineer
- 1 or more years of production experience with cloud
- 2+ years of production operational support
- 2+ years writing unit or integration tests Contact: This job
and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the
web at - provided by Dice
Keywords: The Judge Group, Inc., Raleigh , Software Delivery Lead, IT / Software / Systems , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!