Professional I, Cloud Services - Linux/*NIX/Docker
Posted on: February 15, 2019
Conduent is the world's largest provider of diversified business process services with leading capabilities in transaction processing, automation, analytics and constituent experience. We work with both government and commercial customers in assisting them to deliver quality services to the people they serve. We manage interactions with patients and the insured for a significant portion of the U.S. healthcare industry. We are the customer interface for large segments of the technology industry and the operational and processing partner of choice for public transportation systems around the world. Whether it's digital payments, claims processing, benefit administration, automated tolling, customer care or distributed learning - Conduent manages and modernizes these interactions to create value for both our clients and their constituents. Learn more at . Purpose:
- Defines project/system requirements and test plans that satisfy client requirements. Develops process flows, operating procedures, and metrics for process improvement, and assists with related communications. Responsible for troubleshooting and resolution of technical issues, and escalates to management as needed. Develops working relationships with clients, third party vendors, and /or ancillary service providers and other internal parties to ensure seamless delivery on specific tasks, special projects and/or participant issues. Scope:
- Manage the team of junior level Linux/*nix Administrators while himself providing the hands-on support for our vm/servers located on premise and in public Cloud
- hands-on provisioning of services, monitoring, upgrading virtual resources and software, configuration management, and understanding and maintaining peripheral services and software
- provide direction to the team and work within a team-environment to achieve business goals
- Provide technical solutions to a wide range of problems and user requests through an established trouble ticketing system.
- Evaluating, installing, monitoring and maintaining application status, health, and performance. Applying operating system and security patches as required.
- Excellent communication/customer service skills, strong documentation/written communication skills, prioritize, strong analytical skills and multi-tasking and ability to work well in a collaborative teaming environment
- Builds knowledge of the organization, processes and customers
- Requires knowledge and experience in own discipline; still acquiring higher level knowledge and skills
- Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction
- Moderate decision making authority guided by policies, procedures, and business operations protocol Primary Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated significant experience in Linux Systems Administration (6 years; including RHEL, SLES and Ubuntu flavors)
- expected to provide off hours support on rotation basis
- Provide advanced systems administration, operational support and problem resolution for UNIX/Linux based systems.
- Strong UNIX server administration (Solaris)
- In depth knowledge of Networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, httpd, openssl, bind, sendmail, , etc)
- Strong Shells scripting and command line skills, including extremely strong troubleshooting skills
- Experienced in Linux based storage manager such LVM, VxVM, LSM
- Develop custom tools in Puppet, Python, Ruby, and Bash to automate the Linux/*nix infrastructure
- Experienced Ansible, Openstack, Git, Configuration management tools
- Preferably experienced in DevOps, Kubernets, Docker and other container technologies
- Experience working in hypervisor environment such as vmware, ovm, windows hypervisor
- May perform one or more of the following:
- Assist in the definition, development and maintenance of project and system requirements, technical specifications, and test plans.
- Execute and own complex research initiatives and the analysis and resolution of technical issues, resulting from operational control breakdowns, legislative changes, or system outages.
- Develop and maintain documentation of process flows, administrative summaries, and standard operating procedures
- Develops metrics that provide data for process management and indicators for future improvement opportunities.
- Measures performance against process requirements, aligning improvement projects to close performance shortfalls.
- Develop working relationships with client, third party vendors and /or ancillary service providers and other internal parties to ensure seamless delivery on specific tasks, special projects and/or participant issues.
- Participate in internal communications on standard processes and reporting.
- Troubleshoot application and data issues and direct to the appropriate contacts.
- Understand and mitigate risk; escalate high risk, complex or problematic issues to Management.
- Manage complex projects and work requests with consistent accuracy and completeness.
- Work collaboratively and productively to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- All other duties as assigned Educational qualification:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 6 years Linux/Unix support experience
- Linux Certification (RHEL, etc) is a plus Conduent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, gender expression, sex/gender, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply for or compete for employment with Conduent may request such accommodation(s) by clicking on the following link, completing the accommodation request form, and submitting the request by using the "Submit" button at the bottom of the form. For those using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox please download the form first: click here to access or download the form.
Keywords: Conduent, Raleigh , Professional I, Cloud Services - Linux/*NIX/Docker, IT / Software / Systems , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!