Sr. Software Engineer
Posted on: January 16, 2019
AppDynamics is the Application Intelligence company. With AppDynamics, enterprises have real-time insights into application performance, user performance and business performance so they can move faster in an increasingly sophisticated, software-driven world. Our integrated suite of products is built on our innovative, enterprise-grade App iQ Platform that enables our customers to make faster decisions that enhance customer engagement and improve operational and business performance.
AppDynamics is uniquely positioned to enable enterprises to accelerate their digital transformations by actively monitoring, analyzing, and optimizing complex application environments at scale which has led to proven success and trust with the Global 2000.
About the Role
In the Customer Engineering team, we help our customers operate our software and maximize their return on investment. You may find yourself educating customers on best practices, understanding their use cases, helping satisfy those, and keeping abreast of customer needs. Being flexible and not afraid to wear a technical versus a customer success hat is essential in this role. Managing large enterprise customer accounts and making them successful doing whatever it takes encapsulates this role.
- Must have a solid grasp on Unix/Linux including but not limited to commonly used commands, networking including troubleshooting network connectivity, shell scripting (Bash, Korn, etc.) familiarity, file systems understanding, basic system performance commands, etc.
- Intermediate level familiarity with SQL and PL/SQL. Expected to understand explain plans - their purpose, and how to use those to tune queries, index management, etc. Any exposure to database internals, and tools for administration/backups/recovery etc. is a big plus
- Exposure to or understanding of SSL/TLS and PKI
- Previous programming background
- Any familiarity with Single-Sign-On solutions, SAML, etc. is a huge plus
- Solid command of written and verbal English
- Excellent customer facing skills
- Databases: Oracle, MySQL
- Operating Systems: Unix/Linux
We know that the award-winning culture at AppDynamics is something to brag about, but here are more reasons that make you excited to get out of bed to come in the morning, like:
- Medical, dental, vision coverage
- 401k match (4.5%)
- Wellness perks (hobbies, education, store discounts, personal finance)
- 4 weeks PTO, 5 days VTO, 14 holidays (including 1 birthday PTO and 1 floating holiday)
- Mandatory company shut down between Christmas and New Years
- Weekly catered breakfast and lunch, and all the snacks, fruits and drinks your heart desires, monthly happy hour events, and weekly massages
- Brand new state of the art office in downtown San Francisco, centrally located near BART, Caltrain, Muni, the ferry, and a bike share station
- Free shuttle service and pre-tax commuter benefits
Just a note
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: AppDynamics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any AppDynamics employee. AppDynamics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of AppDynamics.
AppDynamics is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other unlawful factor. AppDynamics complies with all applicable laws, including those regarding consideration of qualified applicants with criminal histories (such as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance). If your disability makes it difficult for you to use this site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. AppDynamics participates in E-Verify.
Keywords: AppDynamics, Raleigh , Sr. Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!