Lead Mobile Developer - Android
Posted on: November 10, 2018
McClatchy, a national leader in digital media, is growing rapidly in the digital space and delivering award-winning journalism in innovative ways.
We are experiencing the most transformative period in our history.
Come Join McClatchy – a place where you have a voice and the ability to impact our future!
McClatchy IT creates, deploys, and maintains more than 60 mobile apps that power media companies including The Miami Herald, The Charlotte Observer, and The Raleigh News and Observer. Additionally, McClatchy IT builds Web sites for these media companies and supports them with hands-on technical training, consulting services, and 24/7 customer service. All of the Web sites and APIs are hosted and monitored in enterprise-class data centers.
We are hiring a Lead Mobile Developer – Android to design solutions, create proofs of concept, mentor developers, perform code reviews and explore new technologies that would fit into our existing enterprise architecture. Our Lead Developers work closely with colleagues, multidisciplinary Agile teams, the department head, product owners, and others to define deliverables, divide and conquer assignments, design solutions, and write code.
Location: Our innovation-focused, product-driven, technology hub in downtown Raleigh, NC.
- Functional programming design and development in a service oriented architecture.
- Design and development of unit test modules.
- Peer code reviews.
- Creation of documentation for both developer and end-user consumption.
- Providing training to other developers and customer service personnel.
- After hours availability for emergency issues.
- 4-6 years of professional programming experience in Java.
- Thorough knowledge of the Android SDK and the Android ecosystem.
- Experience with a revision control system (e. g. GIT, Subversion)
- Have a broad vision of the leading-edge technologies and the ability to discover, evaluate and learn new ones as they mature.
- Working knowledge of the mobile landscape, architectures and trends.
- Strong communication and problem solving skills.
- Bachelor's degree or advanced degree in computer science, electrical or computer engineering, physics, or mathematics.
- Experience leading a small team of developers.
- Experience with Kotlin and functional programming methodologies.
- Experience with RxJava and Android Architecture Components.
- Experience with large scale applications serving significant traffic in a distributed environment and requiring 99.9+% availability.
- Experience with mobile interface design and development.
- Experience with automated deployment systems.
- Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
- Test driven development, unit tests, test automation.
- Experience with Glide, Picasso, Retrofit and Espresso.
Keywords: McClatchy, Raleigh , Lead Mobile Developer - Android, IT / Software / Systems , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!