Field Service Engineer
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Field Service Engineer
Location USA - Telecommuter
Tracking # 8120
# of Openings 1
Apply Now (https://phe.tbe.taleo.net/phe03/ats/careers/v2/applyRequisition?org=EFI&cws=43&rid=8120)
All of us at EFI are relentlessly focused on just one thing: the growth and success of the print business. That's why tens of millions of print professionals worldwide turn to EFI to fuel their success. Our 3,000+ worldwide team members prove our commitment to you every day by developing breakthrough technologies for the manufacturing of signage, packaging, textiles, ceramic tiles, and personalized documents, with a wide range of printers, inks, digital front ends, and a comprehensive business and production workflow suite that transforms and streamlines the entire production process, increasing your competitiveness and boosting productivity.
We are looking for a Field Service Engineer to join our team as a telecommuter as you will be traveling to customer locations in your region.
This position is responsible for working at customer sites to provide on-site setup and installation of all EFI industrial inkjet printers. This includes working with the customer regarding pre-installation requirements as well as assisting the customer in unloading all components for the print system and positioning it in the customer's facility.
What you will do:
- Includes un-crating the controller, print heads, remote cabinets, all UV components, checking electrical power and compressed air while working with a Certified Electrician, initial setup and adjustment, and thoroughly testing the printer to ensure the images it prints are up to factory standards.
- Initial and on-going formal customer operator and printer maintenance training. This includes coordination training with Inkjet customer based on customer needs. Customer training also includes assessing customer training needs and making recommendations to EFI- Inkjet customers regarding the need for additional training.
- Provide periodic on-site troubleshooting and repairs on printers that may be experiencing complex electrical, mechanical or pneumatic problems as directed by Field Service Manager and/or EFI- Inkjet customer support team.
- Provide detailed technical feedback via a EFI Inkjet Case Management System (CMS) during and after each customer visit following EFI Inkjet guidelines.
- Demanding schedule including travel up to 75% of workweek, as well as occasional weekend work to meet customer needs.
This role might be a good fit if you:
- Minimum two-year technical degree or equivalent experience in mechanical, digital, and electronic technology
- Minimum two years in field engineering positions servicing complex electro-mechanical devices and high demand customer locations
- Demonstrated customer management skills, strong commitment to customer satisfaction
- Demonstrate ability to independently manage a large service territory (includes effective management of assets i.e. parts, tools, company information)
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot electrical and mechanical problems to the component level
- Demonstrated ability to provide telephone technical support and to effectively communicate (telephone and email) with Product Service Engineers (Hardware and Applications)
- Working knowledge of RIPS, color theory, Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems and basic networking protocols
- Working knowledge of materials and chemicals used in the printing industry highly desirable
- In-depth knowledge of personal computers, industrial inkjet printers, large format printers and/or presses and printing applications
- Knowledge of high and low voltage wiring, capability of identifying and qualifying single phase as well as three phase power requirements
- Ability to demonstrate strong mechanical aptitude including using critical alignment tools holding tolerances of .001"
- Frequently lifting objects up to 70lb.
- Ability to work within tight spaces, crawl on hard concrete floors and physically contort to access components.
EFI is an "Affirmative Action/EEO/Protected Veteran/Disabled Employer"
Equal Opportunity & Disability Accessibility Statement
EFI is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one's employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination. EEO is the Law: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
EFI is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 650-357-2777 or via email email@example.com. EFI will make determinations on such requests for accommodation or assistance on a case-by-case basis.
Field Service Engineer
Keywords: EFI, Raleigh , Field Service Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Raleigh, North Carolina
here to apply!