Technical Support Engineer
Company: Itron, Inc.
Posted on: August 7, 2022
We believe the way we manage energy and water will define this
century. By joining the Itron team, you can help ensure these
precious resources are available to future generations. Are you up
for the challenge?
Maintains direct contact with customers before and/or after the
sale. Supports sales team by developing and maintaining positive
customer relations (CRM) with clients/customers, which can
substantially affect service and/or product revenue(s). Works with
various departments to meet maintenance services sales goals. Works
with customers and/or distributors to receive accurate account of
product failures and provides reports to management. Focus of work
may be in pre-sale or post-sales or both.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with our customers over Phone, Email, or Chat.
- Work independently with strategic direction from supervisors,
contributing to strategic and tactical team planning.
- Focused on Service Level Agreements, quality work and timely
- Troubleshoot and resolve highly complex problems.
- Install, maintain and administer system operations, networking,
software and equipment.
- Investigate product and process related problems.
- Develop solutions to hardware, software and process related
- Create and maintain product and internal department and
training documentation and files.
- Contribute to current and future product development to ensure
customer issues are addressed and changes to product do not
negatively impact the customer. Advise management on approvals for
new product or update releases.
- Provide assistance in the design, development and maintenance
of various system applications.
- Train internal employees and customers in configuration,
troubleshooting and use of products.
- Prepare briefings, reports, presentations and evaluations on
system efficiency and utilization.
- Participate on the beta phase of product development teams.
- Implement solutions for customers (install, configure, test,
- Work as a borrowed 'Technical Consultant' for Delivery revenue
projects, required travel, remote project support along with
current support responsibilities.
- Mentor less experienced team members.
- Basic SQL Database experience including DBMS and queries (MSSQL
- Basic understanding of networking (load balancing, firewalls,
- Basic Utility (Electric/Water/Gas) business/metering/product
- Basic understanding in debugging/programming (especially with
MS .NET and C#)
- Proficient Microsoft Windows Client/Server OS knowledge (for
upgrades, certificate info, security, IIS, etc.)
Experience: This position requires a minimum of 2 years of related
Education: Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent
Itron is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer.
Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color,
religion, citizenship, sex (including gender identity, gender
expression and pregnancy), sexual orientation, age, national
origin, military or veteran status, political preference, marital
status, mental or physical disability including medical condition),
genetic information or other status protected by law. If you
require an accommodation in order to apply to this position, please
contact your local recruiting representative at 1-800-635-5461 or
Itron enables utilities and cities to safely, securely and reliably
deliver critical infrastructure services to communities in more
than 100 countries. Our portfolio of smart networks, software,
services, meters and sensors helps our customers better manage
electricity, gas and water resources for the people they serve. By
working with our customers to ensure their success, we help improve
the quality of life, ensure the safety and promote the well-being
of millions of people around the globe. Itron is dedicated to
creating a more resourceful world. Join us: www.itron.com.
Keywords: Itron, Inc., Raleigh , Technical Support Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!