Strategic Software Development Manager
Company: Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Job Title: Software Development Manager II
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is seeking a Software Development
Manager who will be responsible for leading a team of 10 to 20
direct reports, including programmers, test engineers and product
architects, towards the development and support of Toshiba
strategic products for the worldwide retail market.
Our organization provides software solutions for some of the
world's largest retailers, partnering with brands like Walmart,
Kroger, Lowes Foods, and Costco to deliver innovative consumer
experiences leveraging a wide range of technologies.
The candidate will be part of a cross-functional team responsible
for planning, developing, and releasing the software solutions to
the market. You'll develop and nurture key relationships with
product, program management, business partners, services, finance,
procurement, and other supporting groups to ensure the timely
release of solutions that will fully satisfy demanding customer
This position requires extensive people management experience and
proven knowledge of software development processes to drive team
activities with the understanding of requirements and business
drivers for the new products and solutions.
Responsibilities of the Professional Services Development
- Managing all personnel aspects including: hiring, managing
individual performance, compensation, job assignments, dealing with
conflict, career building, coaching, etc
- Managing the delivery of a broad scope of quality software
releases ensuring product commitments are met with respect to
quality, budget, and schedule.
- Promoting continuous process improvement and best software
development practices across a global team that will enable the
development of innovative products.
- Ensuring Agile practices are applied and followed.
- Ensuring proper communication on deliverables as appropriate up
through management levels within the organization.
- Manage the support of the products and act as the single point
of contact for all support activities and escalations.
- Identify and resolve problems, gaps, and challenges in the
software engineering processes.
- Foster an environment of collaboration, trust, and
accountability for departmental and cross-functional teams
- 4+ years minimum people management experience
- 6+ years minimum leading software development teams and
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good analytic and logical problem-solving skills.
- Proven hands on software development experience.
- Possess a level of comfort to work "in the weeds" with
technical software development teams, as well as at a portfolio
level with high-level executives.
- Strong collaborative and team work oriented skills.
- 3 years minimum experience in Agile development.
- Bachelor's degree in a related software engineering / computer
- Domain knowledge in the area of Retail
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion dollar
global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing
retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been
in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods,
earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at
retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin
Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few
examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base
that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our
'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory
shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions, Inc. offers a competitive salary
and generous benefits package including the following:
- Group health coverage (medical, dental, & vision)
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Pre-tax spending accounts
- 401(k) plan (with company match)
- Company provided life insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Employee discounts
- Generous paid holiday schedule, paid vacation & sick/personal
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal
opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified
applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed,
disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information,
military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender,
gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any
other protected factor. We also consider qualified applicants
regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a
disability for any part of the employment process should email
firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION:
We at Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions firmly believe that our
people are an integral part to the success of our customers.
Furthermore, we're committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
for all our people as highlighted by our 5 Core Principles (Create
Outreach, Foster Belonging, Unleash Opportunity, Diverse Cultural
Engagement and Culture of Transparency). We're passionate about our
customers the retail industry and becoming a more responsible
company as we help create a brighter future.
Keywords: Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions, Raleigh , Strategic Software Development Manager, IT / Software / Systems , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!