SLAIT Consulting is currently seeking an Application Development
Services and Rule Base Team Lead for a permanent position in
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent, preferred advance degree in
• 3 to 5 years' of experience in the Information Technology (IT)
• 5 to 7 years' experience defining and documenting business and
technical requirements, developing and testing software for
corporations (financial/insurance sector preferred)
• Must have experience in working with internal resources and
flexible to utilize an offshore delivery center operating in a time
zone different from the primary work location
• Must have experience directing and supervising third-party
suppliers in the fulfillment of Projects or application support
• Must have experience with establishing operational and process
controls to measure and verify that established processes,
procedures and audit controls are followed
• Experience required in monitoring and managing SLAs and exceeding
customer expectations with large volumes of request
• Must have exceptional intellectual, professional, and
interpersonal agility with strong analytical and problem solving
• Must have an understanding of the ITIL framework for processes
and exhibit a data driven experience basis for delivering and
monitoring service performance
• Progressive experience in information technology with emphasis in
Software Development and Quality Assurance
• Knowledge and experience in software development methodologies
(e.g., waterfall, agile, prototyping, rapid application
• Expert SOA design and implementation with associated
technologies/protocols SOAP, REST, XML, JSON
• Expert in SOA principals, patterns and practices.
• Expert Web APIs design and implementation.
• Experience with API management a plus i.e. Layer7.
• Expert with Enterprise Service Bus including messaging brokers
i.e. webMethods (preferred), WebSphere, Oracle SOA, Tibco.
• Proven experience with large scale distributed integration
designs and implementations.
• Experience with distributed message exchange patterns.
• Experience with application servers/containers i.e Tomcat, Jetty,
JBoss, WebSphere, WebLogic
• Solid understanding of BPM principals.
• Experience with BPMN and BPEL.
• Expertise in Java/Java EE platforms with emphasis on services
including SOAP and REST based.
• Experience with Source control/Bug Tracking/Automated Build tools
Git, Jira, Maven etc.
• Experience with commercial Rules Engines (i.e. Mindbox , Jrule,
Blaze, ILOG) Experience:
• The ability to lead, make decisions and drive results that
positively impact productivity, efficiency, overall customer
service levels, and enhance team effectiveness.
• Progressive IT leadership experience with emphasis on Application
Development and Support. Knowledge and experience with software
development methodologies (e.g., waterfall, agile, prototyping,
rapid application development). Knowledge and experience with best
practice quality assurance methodologies (e.g., failure testing,
statistical control, total quality management).
• Excellent knowledge of current and future technologies and trends
impacting the financial service and insurance industry is
• Proven experience with service based architecture (Webmethods)
and rule-base technology.
• Proven ability to work across multiple functional teams in the
creation of an application development and support process
• Maintain an effective approach on problem solving, multi-tasking,
coordinating and scheduling the team of developers, equipment and
materials in accordance with the Project Plan to ensure visibility
and predictability. Assign programming tasks to Team Members based
on project requirements.
• Monitor scope changes through the life of the software
• Resolve escalated technical issues.
• Schedule projects in phases to ensure that useable parts of the
application are available as quickly as possible. Define and track
team deliverables and release schedule using issue tracking system
and source repository.
• Identify and interact with Business Relationship Management and
Project Management Office to ensure their needs are being met by
the project design.
• Work with outside vendors on projects, establishing technical
requirements and standards for outside product development.
• Familiar with code management, defect management, ticket and
project management tools
• Familiar with cloud technology, data management requirements
• Strong process management & project management skills
• Ability to work collaboratively with all business functions and
build strong business partnerships
• Demonstrated ability to solve complex issues
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to interact professionally with customers and vendors
• Ability to be a strong advocate for process and technology
improvement and ensure the application of measurements to reflect
the baseline improvements
• Develops staff skills to enhance department effectiveness and
manages resources to eliminate excess cost or unnecessary
• Participates in Quarterly performance reviews to assure the
expert delivery of services by both the supplier and internal USMI
resources. Works with Performance Management to perform Vendor
reviews to assess the health of supplier relationships, and provide
input that will drive the relationships to improved quality and
• Passion for change and continual improvement and ability to
effectively lead/drive change.
• Actively uses reports to manage and control aging of incidents
and the performance of the incident and service requests assigned
to their respective team in accordance with SLAs;
• Hierarchically escalate any threats that can cause critical
impact to the process;
• Checks how the process is being executed and guarantee that it is
being properly used;
• Manage all activities of the Incident and Service Request
Management process and assure that the goals are being
• Monitor the progress, schedules, deliverable quality and
completion of project tasks and projects assigned to their
• Identify improvement points in the process and in the tools;
• Manage and improve the skills of the team;
• Manage and resolve conflicts that might appear during the
execution of the activities;
• Assure that the continuous improvement of the process is being
properly driven with the whole team;
• Manage the team activities;
• Hold meetings with the team and the users, in order to discuss
topics about relevant incidents and evolve in the business
• Monitor and ensure that staff perform their job functions to the
expected level of service
• Recruit candidates who demonstrate USMI IT core values and meet
the requirements of the positions required
• Evaluate staffing requirements and adhere to budget goals
• Recruit and train team members as appropriate
• Follow through on corrective Team Member action
• Assist staff whenever necessary in performing all
• Ensure that all pertinent information is documented in ticket or
project management systems
• Ensure that developers are coding ticket information correctly to
enable ticket data analysis
• Oversee the coordination of schedules and shift coverage, to meet
the demands of business and optimal service staffing productivity
• Conduct performance appraisals of designated staff annually or as
• Ensure the team is performing at a high utilization and
• Establish measurable performance goals of the direct reports in
• Perform quarterly operational and project reviews on performance
and development specific measurable achievement targets
• Attend designated meetings and develop structured schedule
• Maintains ability to perform all manager's responsibilities
• Escalate issues to Director according to process and
• Maintain schedule of operations for the team and covers any
requested 24 hour coverage rotations
• Demonstrate technical leadership ability in both Webmethods
(service based architecture) and rule-base technology
For consideration, please submit your resume today! Visit us at
4405 Cox Road
Glen Allen, VA 23060
Main: (804) 270-4900
Fax: (804) 279-1091
SLAIT Consulting, headquartered in Virginia Beach, VA, is a premier
provider of information technology services, infrastructure and
business solutions to a broad range of commercial clients within
the United States. SLAIT Consulting is an EOE.