Lead Embedded Software Developer
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Eaton's Electrical Sector is currently seeking a Lead Embedded
Software Developer to join our team. This position can be based in
Raleigh NC, Moon Township, PA or our Menomonee Falls, WI
Eaton's Center for Connected Intelligent Solutions (CCIS)
accelerates the creation of meaningful, connected experiences
through the advancement of secure reusable platforms, processes,
and services. We do this through our three Centers of Excellence
(CoE): IoT, Embedded Systems, and User Centered Design. While each
CoE has its own areas of focus and expertise, all share a passion
for working creatively to solve challenging problems that bring
real value to our customers. What this means is that we lead the
way to create content, software and technology stacks that are used
across the company to accelerate product development within each of
our divisions. In doing so we are on the forefront of using the
latest technologies, tools and methods. In CCIS you will find
awesome developers, open source gurus, testers, UX designers, cloud
architects, industrial designers, visual designers, DevOps
engineers, agile experts, front-end and mobile developers, big data
architects, design thinkers, and more. We are central to Eaton's
digital transformation and every contribution we make has a
significant impact on the future of the company.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every
employee around the world. We create an environment where
creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every
day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your
full potential-and where you can help us reach ours.
In This Function You Will
- Design and implement new features within our RTOS based
embedded platform and make significant architectural and feature
additions. These contributions may be adopter requested features
that extend the platform or updating the core facilities of the
- Focus on software development for memory and processing
- Write test automation to prove reliable operation during unit,
integration and nightly regression testing.
- Collaborate and support adopters that are in US time zones and
compliment the support offered from existing team members located
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds
that make each of us unique, we - as individuals and as a company -
Required (Basic) Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Computer Science from an
accredited institution required.
- Minimum 8 years of industry experience developing
microcontroller based embedded firmware.
- No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must
currently reside within 50 miles of the Raleigh, NC facility to be
considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are
exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without
company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Master's Degree in Engineering or Computer Science from an
- Minimum 10 years of industry experience developing
microcontroller based embedded firmware.
- Experience with ethernet and/or serial communication protocols
in the commercial, industrial or automotive spaces
- Experience with C++ development in embedded applications.
- Basic understanding of cybersecurity and/or cryptography.
Position Success Criteria
- Experience developing on constrained compute and memory
- Bias toward automating all software testing.
- Experience developing systems based on an RTOS.
- Fluent in Agile software development methods.
- Experience creating cybersecure software for embedded
- Experience with ethernet or serial based industrial and IOT
- Bias toward using Open Source software.
- Experience creating modular and loosely coupled software
- Experience creating unit and regression test cases.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all
job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon
job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national
origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected
veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
North America - US/Puerto Rico
United States-North Carolina-Raleigh
United States-Wisconsin-Menomonee Falls, United
Raleigh NC Loc 1
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility)
allowed for this position?
Does this position offer relocation?
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Requisition ID :093865
Keywords: Eaton, Raleigh , Lead Embedded Software Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!