Software Developer (Dashboard)
Company: Bandwidth Inc.
Posted on: February 23, 2021
What We Do
We live for innovation! Our technology powers some of the most
exciting brands and technology on the internet with our intelligent
voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services-backed by
Bandwidth's own nationwide, all-IP voice network. Simply put, we're
changing the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
What We Need
We're looking for a Software Developer who is hungry for experience
building highly scalable and reliable software services. We're
seeking somebody who loves building things, loves learning things,
and aspires to be a great engineer at Bandwidth into the future. If
your idea of fun is losing track of time while geeking out over a
new web framework, we'd like to talk to you.
What You'll Do
You're gonna write great code and lots of it. You'll be a member of
an agile software development team, and a vital participant in your
team's design and implementation efforts. You'll collaborate with
peers to build and refactor code that is both readable and reliable
due to its inherent lack of complexity. You'll also look critically
at what we're building and how we're building it, and you'll
originate ideas and activities that advance our craft.
What You'll Need
If you're our person, you probably look like this:
- You've got a B.S. in Comp Sci or equivalent education or
- You have expertise in Java and the Java technology ecosystem
(experience with Spring and/or Spring Boot is of particular
- You're a student of software craftsmanship, always looking for
new and better ways to build things
- You have experience building web services
- You understand network protocols, HTTP, and REST
- You're familiar with relational and non-relational database
- You have experience with test automation patterns and
Little Extra From You
Wow, It'd Be Really Cool If
- You know SIP and have built SIP applications before
- You have experience with AWS or another cloud platform, and you
"get" how scalable cloud applications are engineered
- You have worked with Docker containers and Kubernetes
Little Extra For You
At Bandwidth, we're pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is
rooted in our "Whole Person Promise." We promise all employees that
they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a
work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and
spirit. How do we do that? Well---
- You're guaranteed to be given "work that matters." If you ain't
feelin' that, let us know. We'll fix it.
- Twice a year you can take a "sprint sabbatical" - 2 weeks to
work on a project of your choosing, so long as you learn something
along the way.
- Your health insurance premiums are 100% paid by Bandwidth. So
are your dental insurance premiums. So are your life insurance
premiums. It's pretty nice.
- When you're on vacation, nobody is allowed to contact you. No
calls, texts, emails--- Enjoy your time off.
- We provide you with a gym membership, a lunchtime shuttle to
the gym, and give you 90 minutes for lunch if you work out.
- Not enough time to hit the gym? There's a locker room and
cardio equipment on the second floor.
Applicant Privacy Notice
Keywords: Bandwidth Inc., Raleigh , Software Developer (Dashboard), IT / Software / Systems , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!