IT Systems Administrator
Posted on: February 22, 2021
FM:Systems, a leading provider of Integrated Workplace
Management Systems (IWMS) and the top performer in space management
and workplace services software, is seeking an IT Systems
Administrator to own responsibility for the corporate IT systems of
a global, 200 plus employee company.
At FM:Systems, we have 3 guiding values around what we believe and
how we behave: Do the right thing, act with urgency and cultivate a
culture of excellence & accountability. We aim to offer our clients
an exceptional experience with every interaction, foster innovation
and invest in our people. This role is based out of our Raleigh, NC
office. If this sounds like a company you would like to work for,
In this role you will have the opportunity to:
- Resolve technical support issues related to internal desktop
- Provision (Install, configure, and support) workstations
including imaging laptops, desktops, tablets, and network printers
following build processes.
- Managing workstations enterprise wide using remote workstation
- Provide support on corporate end user applications including
AD, O365, Intune, MS Teams, remote access systems, telephone
- Coordinate activities with vendors and outside consultants to
provide support for systems and applications.
- Create and maintain documentation of all systems, applications,
security, and network configurations
- Maintains corporate environment by identifying system
requirements, installing upgrades, and monitoring system
- Establishes corporate system specifications by analyzing
access, information and security requirements and designing system
- Manages Corporate environment by planning and executing the
selection, installation, and configuration, testing of server
hardware, software, and operating and system management systems and
defining system and operational policies and procedures.
- Maintains corporate systems performance by performing system
monitoring and analysis and performance tuning; troubleshooting
system hardware, software, and operating and system management
systems; designing and running system load/stress testing and
escalating application problems to vendor.
- Secures systems by managing system access, monitoring, control,
and evaluation; establishing and testing disaster recovery policies
and procedures; completing backups' maintaining documentation.
- Upgrades corporate systems by conferring with vendors and
services and developing, testing, evaluating, and installing
enhancements and new software.
- Meets financial requirements by submitting information for
budgets and monitoring expenses.
- Updates knowledgebase by tracking emerging technologies,
participating in educational opportunities, reading professional
publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in
- Accomplishes organizational goals by accepting ownership for
accomplishing new and different requests and exploring
opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
The successful candidate for this role will have the following
skills and experience:
- Preferred 5 years' experience in working with Helpdesk/Desktop
- Strong problem solving/troubleshooting skills
- General scripting skills - PowerShell
- Data center migrations
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a focus on
- Experience with AD, AD policies, o365 and user
- Experience troubleshooting end-user connectivity issues
(LAN/WAN and wireless technologies
- Solid background in Windows and MAC OS X systems support and
- Telecommunications and Internet Technologies
- Experience with deployment and management of Antivirus
products, backup systems required and asset management, service
- Quick learner; adaptable to a variety of situations and
- Dependability, Verbal Communication, and Ability to Handle
Pressure and Learn on the Fly
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics,
engineering, or 5 years direct experience
- Experience with ticketing systems like TeamSupport, Jira and
- Experience in multiple OS platforms with strong emphasis on
Microsoft, AWS, Linux (CentOS, Red Hat)
- Experience with OS-level scripting environment such as
- In-depth knowledge of the TCP / IP protocol suite, security
architecture, securing and hardening Operating Systems, Networks,
Databases and Applications.
- Knowledge of the Incident Response life cycle
- Thorough understanding of the threat and attack landscape,
attack vectors, vulnerabilities and how they are leveraged by
- Security certifications, Microsoft, and AWS certifications
FM:Systems is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to
provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital
status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, ethnicity,
gender, age, disability, present, current or prospective
military/uniformed service, genetic information, or other
characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local
law. We are committed to a diverse workforce. We value all
employees' talents and support an environment that is inclusive and
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: FM:Systems, Raleigh , IT Systems Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!