Systems Administrator 2
Company: PRA Health Sciences
Posted on: January 17, 2020
OverviewDo you want to watch clinical technology change, or do you
want to be the one to shape it?
Because we're hoping you're here for the latter.
Who are we?
As a top five CRO, providing innovative solutions for our clients
is what we do. From full service clinical development to the
pioneering Embedded SolutionsTM model, PRA provides a broad
spectrum of solutions that meet the demands of a diverse
At PRA, borders do not create boundaries. Our growing workforce is
16,000+ employees strong, spanning 13 time zones across 90+
countries - yet we operate in unison as one global community. We
are committed to saving lives and we are constantly striving to be
the best at what we do. Our impact is real and we see it every
single day. We help get life-saving drugs into the hands of those
who need them most.
Who are you?
You are a forward thinker. You are an innovator that refuses to
settle. Your technical experience is wide, it bridges software and
systems. The idea of using your technical skills to support a
global community that works diligently towards improving the lives
of others excites you. You want to push the boundaries and change
the future. You want to learn from the best, grow your knowledge
and your skill set, and you want to build your career. You want to
use the latest technology and tools in the industry to push the
momentum of an already growing company forward. You want to find a
balance that still lets you be, well, you. Most of all, you want to
do it in a place where you're more than an employee number---a
place you love working.
Still here? Good. If this is you, we'd really like to meet
you.ResponsibilitiesWhat will you be doing?
Working in a global team environment to troubleshoot and resolve
business critical application and system issues. Maintain and
monitor server infrastructure. Support multiple clinical and
regulatory applications. Upgrade and patch applications. Conduct
pilot tests before deployment to verify application behavior.
Provide on-call support. Effectively communicate and engage with
team members, users and vendors to resolve system and application
issues. You'll also be evaluating processes and working with the
team to make everything run smoother, faster, and easier for us and
the users.QualificationsWhat do you need to have?
- 3+ years application production support experience with
advanced technical and troubleshooting skills.
- Very good SQL skills, can create queries, joins, etc, and has a
strong understanding of relational databases.
- Excellent experience and skill creating technical documentation
including System support processes, SOPs, validation deliverables
(IQ/OQ,PQ, Validation Plan, User test cases), work instructions and
knowledge base articles. Excellent understanding and application of
- Ability to work well with people at all levels of the
- Able to occasionally work outside of normal business
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Server/ Client OS and
related components (such as ADUC, ODBC, IIS, FTP).
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Clear understanding of user directory (such as AD) maintenance
and tracking activities such as creating, deleting, and modifying
- The ability to work issues to resolution with limited direction
and the willingness to reach out for assistance when
- The ability to work as part of a team to get projects and work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
with the ability to connect with users with friendly and engaging
- BS in Computer Science, or related area; or equivalent
professional experience including application-specific employment
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in
the United States, and should not require, now or in the future,
sponsorship for employment visa status.
- Experience leading and managing smaller projects with multiple
team members or vendors.
- Very organized and focused with the ability to focus on one
item until complete.
- Excellent ability to follow up on issues and track multiple
- 2+ years of hands-on systems administration experience with
CTMS, eTMF, DMS or Regulatory Submissions applications.
- Creative thinker able to understand, analyze and recommend
solutions to drive process improvement and business value.
- Self-starter, able to dive in, investigate and resolve with
- Clinical or Life Sciences experience preferred but not
PRA is an EEO/AA employer and is committed to providing
opportunities to minorities, women, veterans and individuals with
Keywords: PRA Health Sciences, Raleigh , Systems Administrator 2, IT / Software / Systems , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!