Sous Chef - Poole'side Pies
Company: Ashley Christensen Restaurants
Posted on: September 15, 2019
Sous Chef Pooleside Pies
Pooleside Pies, the Neapolitan-style pizza restaurant owned and
operated by James Beard Award-winning chef Ashley Christensen, is
seeking a highly motivated, superstar Sous Chef. The Sous Chef
reports to the Chef de Cuisine (CDC), assists in the management of
the kitchen team, and acts as the CDCs representative in his/her
- Be a stickler for quality. You will be responsible for ensuring
the quality of the food that we cook at every level meets our (very
high) company standards, from the moment an ingredient arrives in
the kitchen, to the moment it hits the table.
- Be a leader. At AC Restaurants, we are dedicated to creating a
work environment where our team is set up for success, feels
inspired to come to work every day, and has a great time doing so.
As a manager of the kitchen team, you will be responsible for
hiring, training, scheduling and managing a team that aligns with
our values (work hard, play hard). You must be able to clearly
communicate and instruct cooks in steps of prep, cooking,
garnishing, and presentation to achieve consistent, high quality
- Safety first. You will be responsible for making sure that the
kitchen is following all standards and regulations for food safety
(both internal and NC Health Department), and that team members are
educated about these standards.
- Support the financial health of the restaurant. You will be
responsible for taking inventory, creating budgets, managing
P&L, making projections, costing out recipes and products,
running payroll, and paying vendors.
Job Skills & Requirements
- Youre over 18 years old.
- You have at least 2 years kitchen experience and a deep wealth
of knowledge in food production, including tools, sourcing, storing
- You have a valid drivers license.
- Youre Serve Safe certified (or willing to obtain certification
within 6 months of employment).
- Youre the type of person who wont let a dish leave the pass
unless its 100%. You pay razor-sharp attention to the details.
- Youre dependable, honest, and professional.
- You have sharp-as-a-knife communication skills and can clearly
relay instructions to others.
- Youre a crusader for great hospitality and strive to make every
- Youre able to do basic math and see value in understanding and
participating in the business side of the business.
- You have excellent time management and prioritization
- You work well as part of a team and leave ego at the door.
- Youre familiar with the following tools: ovens (gas and Combi),
knives, grinders, graters, blenders, slicers, commercial
dishwashers, Robocoupes, ranges, hood systems, cryovac machines,
- Familiarity with the following electronic tools is preferred
but not required: Costguard, Basecamp, Paycor, Schedulefly.
Compensation: Salary + benefits
It is the policy of AC Restaurants to provide equal employment
opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national
origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race,
religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity
and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with
regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. In
addition, AC Restaurants will provide reasonable accommodations for
qualified individuals with disabilities.
APPLY ONLINE: https://ac-restaurants.com/hiring
Keywords: Ashley Christensen Restaurants, Raleigh , Sous Chef - Poole'side Pies, Hospitality & Tourism , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!