Licensed Practical Nurse - Geriatrics
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Location: Raleigh, NC 27604
Duration: 8 Weeks
Day Shift: 36 Hours per Week
- The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) performs nursing care and
assists with planning and implementing care for the comfort and
well-being of the patient/resident.
- LPNs scope of practice is dependent and directed, requiring
assignment or delegation by and performance under the supervision,
orders, or directions of a Registered Nurse (RN), physician,
dentist, or other licensed independent practitioner.
- The LPN participates in the assessment of patients/residents,
supports ongoing data collection, and determines who to inform of
the information and when to inform them.
- Assists in maintaining a safe work environment, performs all
related job responsibilities in a safe manner, and assures
- Provides care in a holistic approach.
- Maintains clinical and professional competency as appropriate
to the ages, developmental stages, and special needs of the
patients/residents served. Essential Functions:
- Performs nursing care and assists with planning and
implementing care for the comfort and well-being of the
- Participates in the on-going assessment of patient as delegated
by the RN, supports ongoing data collection, and determines who to
inform and when.
- Participates in observation, continued asse
- Assessments as delegated by RN, documentation, and reporting of
patient response to treatment and teaching as delegated by RN.
- Adjusts priorities of care according to patient needs, collects
information regarding patient's biophysical, psychosocial,
environmental, self-care, educational, and discharge planning
- Organizes workload and prioritizes responsibilities to ensure
quality patient care is delivered in a time efficient manner.
- Documents in a timely manner, provides education under the
direction of the RN within the scope of practice as defined by
- Accepts accountability for individual nursing actions and
behavior, maintains competence that reflects current nursing
practice, performing only those nursing skills in which they are
competent to perform in accordance with legal boundaries and
facility policies and procedures.
- Promotes shared governance by participating in councils or
quality improvement groups.
- Models the mission, vision, and values of the organization and
adheres to the behavioral standards of the organization. Skills:
- Range of motion within functional limits.
- Requires frequently: pushing 40 lbs.; pulling 80 lbs.;
standing; walking; repetitive trunk rotation-standing; manual
dexterity; both handedness (both hands must be used) functional
vision and hearing.
- Occasionally: lifting 35 lbs. from floor to waist and waist to
eye level; one handed carrying 15lbs; work kneeling; work
squatting/crouching; visual color discrimination; and visual depth
- Graduate from an accredited School of Practical Nursing.
Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider status according
to American Heart Association.
- Current LPN license or temporary license as a Licensed
Practical Nurse Petitioner in the state in which you work and
reside or if declaring a National License Compact (NLC) state as
your primary state of residency, meet the licensure requirements in
your home state; or for Non-National License Compact states,
current LPN license or temporary license as a Licensed Practical
Nurse Petitioner required in the state where the LPN works.
- Additional education, training, certifications, or experience
may be required within the department by the nurse leader.
Certifications & Licenses:
- BLS AHA
- LPN Licensed Practical Nurse
- NC or Compact
Thanks & Regards
Global HQ Address PO Box 250389, Plano, TX 75025-9998
Office: (201) 340-8700 x 985 - Cell: (201) 777-4228 - Fax: (201)
221-8131 - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web: www.n2shc.com - Social: Facebook - Twitter - LinkedIn
Keywords: Net2source, Raleigh , Licensed Practical Nurse - Geriatrics, Healthcare , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...