Pharmacy Tech I
Company: Integrated Resources, Inc
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Position : Pharmacy Tech I
Location: ONSITE Raleigh NC
Duration: 3 months (with possibility of extension)
Shift Timings: 4:30am-3:00pm Mon Thur and 11:00am-7:30pm Fri
Is this an in-person, patient-facing role? No
Onsite Requirements Onsite as needed
North Carolina tech license required and must be PTCB (national)
This is in a warehouse environment
- Exciting opportunity for a Pharmacy Technician in the Specialty
Pharmacy to excel in a complex, high impact picking role and
positively impact the lives of others.
- As a Pharmacy Technician working in the backend of the
Specialty Pharmacy, you would be responsible for all aspects of
filling prescriptions and coordination of safe and effective drug
- A successful Picking Pharmacy Technician will need to be
accurate and detail oriented while pulling the correct drug,
strength and brand as indicated on each prescription
- As a Pharmacy Technician in the backend, you will be standing
for the length of your shift.
- Good written and verbal communication skills for interacting
with all levels of staff is also required.
- You will need to be able to do moderate lifting, bending, and
twisting as you select the necessary medication from the stock
- PTCB Certified.
- At least 6 months experience as a pharmacy technician.
- National pharmacy technician certification.
- Eligible for state registration, certification, or licensure
per state regulations.
- Must be able to stand for duration of shift (8-10 hours) two 15
min breaks and one 30 min lunch. Must be able to repeatedly lift
5-10 lbs. for duration of shift. Must be able to occasionally lift
up to 30-50 lbs. during a shift (team lifting OK).
- Reaching and grasping objects at various levels is
- While performing the essential functions of this job, the
employee is required to utilize a keyboard.
- Employee regularly works near and around moving machinery
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
(earplugs allowed). The employee may be required to wear protective
clothing or equipment.
- Six months of work experience as a pharmacy
- Prefer three months of work experience in a pick/pack/ship
- Prefer three months of work on a computer experience.
- Knows drug names and basic pharmacology knowledge.
- Understands medical terminology utilized in a
- Able to collaborate with others to fill and ship accurate and
- Able to perform Ops Assistant (packing- once/twice per week as
- Must understand basic Pharmacy law.
- At least 6 months experience as a pharmacy technician
coordinating activities in an administrative support
- National pharmacy technician certification required
- Selects, picks, packages and labels medications and ancillary
supplies per prescriptions, under the direct supervision of a
pharmacist in accordance with the Client specialty guidelines and
- Under the direct supervision of a pharmacist, selects,
prepares, and packages medications and supplies in preparation for
shipment to patients.
- Accurate counting of medications utilizing an automated
counting device (EYECON).
- Exercise proper hands sanitization and hazardous medication
- Performs functions &/or responsibilities of an Operations
Assistant (packing as needed) as needed.
- Performs record keeping functions.
- Responsible for preparing and/or restocking the filling station
with medications and/or supplies as needed.
- Responsible for cleaning for all pill counting
devices/equipment and general working areas.
- Take orders to station, scan, and package according to provide
packing recipe (most in coolers with ice, gel, or other temperature
controlling substances) complete with printing paperwork, shipping
labels and sealing boxes for shipping.
- Sorting packages based on carrier method.
- Verifiable High School diploma or GED is required.
Keywords: Integrated Resources, Inc, Raleigh , Pharmacy Tech I, Healthcare , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!