Registered Nurse II-DPC Blue Ridge Clinic, Raleigh, NC
Company: Duke Health
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Duke Primary Care Duke Primary Care Duke Primary Care is a broad
network of community-based clinics that offer family medicine,
internal medicine, pediatric, and urgent care services. With 400
providers in nearly 50 locations, Duke Primary Care is the largest
primary care network in the greater Triangle. Our network saw more
than 750,000 patient encounters in fiscal year 2021. Our Duke
Primary Care clinics provide personalized care for adults and
children, from sick visits to preventive care, health screenings to
immunizations, and annual exams to chronic disease management.
Select primary care clinics also provide behavioral health,
diabetes education, pharmacy, and other population health services.
Duke Primary Care clinics are accredited and designated a Primary
Care Medical Home by The Joint Commission. Our Duke Urgent Care
centers offer evaluation and treatment for minor illnesses and
injuries 12 hours a day, seven days a week when a patient--------s
primary care provider is not available. Services also include
certain physical exams and vaccinations. A pediatric specialist is
available at select locations. Patients can walk in to one of our
nine urgent care centers located throughout the greater Triangle or
can schedule a virtual visit to receive care from the comfort of
home. Duke Nursing Highlights: -
- Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year
as North Carolina's Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of
Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for
being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance! -Registered Nurse II - Duke Primary
Care-Blue Ridge Clinic-Raleigh, NC (8am-5pm)Independently plan and
provide professional nursing care to the work described herein.
-Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of scope of the registered nurse, licensed care for
patients in ambulatory clinic settings in accordance with the
medical and nursing plans of care and established policies and
- Provide nursing services to patients and families in accordance
with the scope of the RN is defined by the North Carolina Board of
Nursing. -Work Performed
- Plan, provide and document professional nursing care in
ambulatory settings, utilizing the nursing process, in accordance
with physician orders and established policies and procedures,
under the supervision of the nurse manager, charge nurse or
- Collect and analyze patient data, make recommendations for
nursing care plans, evaluate nursing care provided, document and
communicate appropriately nursing actions taken and patient
- Delegate tasks and supervise the activities of other licensed
and unlicensed care providers.
- Assist other nursing personnel in the delivery of patient care
and serve as a team leader.
- Monitor and initiate corrective action to maintain the
environment of care, including equipment and material
- Participate in own professional development by maintaining
required competencies, identifying learning needs and seeking
appropriate assistance or educational offerings.
- Support the development of other staff and formal
- Participate in the identification of clinical, operational and
safety related performance improvement opportunities.
- Participate in clinic or entity level performance improvement
- Perform other related duties in practical nurse and all
unlicensed assistive personnel.
- Knowledge of and appropriate application of the nursing
- Knowledge of professional theory, practice and procedures
- Ability to assess nursing needs of acute and chronically ill
patients and their families.
- Ability to independently seek resources and work
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
- Ability to communicate clearly with patients, families,
visitors, healthcare team, physicians, administrators, leadership
and others Ability to teach patients and families in accordance
with the nursing plan of care.
- Ability to use sensory and cognitive functions to process and
prioritize information, treatment, and follow-up.
- Ability to use fine motor skills.
- Competent in BLS and/or other specialized life support
requirements designated by work area or organization.
- Ability to record activities, document assessments, plan of
care, interventions, evaluation and re-evaluation of patient
- Ability to use the computer and learn new software
- Ability to document and communicate pertinent information using
computer and/or paper documentation tools.
- Ability to navigate the entity to provide clinical care for
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking with the
ability to move or lift at least fifty pounds.
- Ability to remain focused and organized.
- Working knowledge of procedures and techniques involved in
administering routine and special treatments to ambulatory
- Working knowledge of infection control procedures and safe ty
- Working knowledge and completion of appropriate TJC and other
regulatory requirements.Level Characteristics-N/AMininum
- Work requires graduation from an accredited BSN or Associate's
Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program.
- All registered nurses without a Bachelor's degree in Nursing
(or higher) will be required to enroll in an appropriate BSN
program within two years of their start date and to complete the
program within five years of their start date.Experience
- Twelve months of appropriate clinical experience is
- At a manager's discretion, employees with 6 months of
experience who are exceptional performers may be eligible for this
level.Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
- Must have current or compact RN licensure in the state of North
Carolina. BLS required. - - Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity
without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender,
gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national
origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
- Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration,
innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success
depends on the robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best
when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and
experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential
that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the
contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices
are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to
uphold these values. - Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain
jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may
include essentialjob functions that require specific physical
and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for
requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each
hiring department. -
Keywords: Duke Health, Raleigh , Registered Nurse II-DPC Blue Ridge Clinic, Raleigh, NC, Healthcare , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!