CT Technologist - Duke Raleigh Hospital - PRN
Company: Duke Health
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Duke Raleigh Hospital offers the latest in care and technology
in a patient-friendly setting. It has been an important part of
Duke Health since 1998 and has served Wake County for more than 35
years, employing more than 2,000 teammembers. The hospital provides
186 inpatient beds and a comprehensive array of services, including
the Duke Raleigh Cancer Center, Duke Raleigh Orthopedic and Spine
Center, cardiovascular services, neurosciences including the Duke
Raleigh Skull Base and Cerebrovascular Center, advanced digestive
care, disease management and prevention, wound healing, outpatient
imaging, intensive and progressive care, pain clinic, same-day
surgery, emergency department and community outreach and education
programs. -U.S.News & World Report ranked Duke Raleigh Hospital as
high performing in orthopaedics and five adult
procedures/conditions: chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
(COPD), heart failure, kidney failure, lung cancer surgery, and
stroke.General Description of the Job ClassPerform a variety of
specialized tasks involved in the performance of CT scans. -
-Duties and Responsibilities of this Level
- Perform complex specialized tasks associated with the operation
of CT scanners, power injectors, and related equipment in
accordance with prescribed radiation safety procedures. Position
patients for CT scans using patient positioning devices and
protective equipment, as necessary.
- Perform exams accurately per established protocols, policy, and
patient safety standards.
- Assist radiologist with imaging procedures, starting IV's, and
injecting contrast, if applicable.
- Assist radiologist with interventional CT procedures.
- Evaluate CT scans for technical quality, collate processed
images in sequence of exposure and appropriately label.
Film/transmit to Image Archival System.
- Schedule patients for procedures; assist with clerical
- Charge procedures and supplies in EHR.
- Dispense and or order oral contrast to patients for CT
- Maintain accurate patient records.
- Provide orientation and training to new CT technologists.
- Provide care for the psychological and physical needs of
patients and their families for CT scans.
- Provide education and training to student technologists.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work
- Coordinate scheduling and patient flow
- Demonstrate proficiency in IV placement for contrast
- Demonstrate proficiency and accuracy in performance of all exam
- Assist with the education and training of new physicians
(interns, residents, fellows, and attending's). If applicable.
- Assist radiologists and PhD's in developing new protocols and
CT imaging techniques that are unique to facility.
- Perform CT specific technical assistance with projects assigned
by supervisor including but not limited to: Team lead, R & D,
protocol development, charge reconciliation and demonstration of
equipment. -**DUHS offers career growth and enrichment within
Imaging services. There is a clinical ladder program with various
steps and opportunities at each hospital within the health system.
- -Required Qualifications at this LevelEducationCompletion of an
AMA approved School of Radiologic Technology plus completion of an
accredited CT programOR Graduate of a bachelor's degree program in
Radiology, with two semesters of clinical rotation in CTOR
Completion of an AMA approved School of Radiologic Technology with
two years of DUHS Radiology experience - -ExperienceLevel IMust
obtain ARRT certification within one year of employment. -Level
IIMinimum of two years' experience as a CT technologist. -Level
IIIA minimum of 4 years' experience within specialty modality in
which they are seeking promotion - -Degrees, Licensure, and/or
CertificationARRT certification in RadiographyCT certification
within 12 months of employmentBLS certification - Duke is an
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to
providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's
age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity,
genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, or veteran status. - Duke aspires to create a
community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and
belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of
ideas-an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our
perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve
this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community
feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals
are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our
community have a responsibility to uphold these values. - Essential
Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke
University Health System may include essentialjob functions that
require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional
information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation
will be provided by each hiring department. -
Keywords: Duke Health, Raleigh , CT Technologist - Duke Raleigh Hospital - PRN, Healthcare , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!