Pharmacy Technician II - Rex Inpatient Pharmacy
Company: UNC Health Care
Posted on: June 25, 2022
DescriptionBecome part of an inclusive organization with over
40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health
and well-being of the unique communities we serve.Summary:
The Certified Technician provides support to the pharmacist by
reviewing, compounding and dispensing medications. All work is
carried out under the supervision of a licensed
1. Compounds and/or prepares medications (sterile products, oral,
topical, controlled substances, etc.) including high-risk
medication processes as defined by the entity, as authorized by a
physician, under the supervision of a licensed Pharmacist.
2. Delivers exchanges medications to the respective patient area
and returns unused medications to the pharmacy.
3. Documents pharmaceutical activities including patient billing
for medications and equipment, quality control requirements, etc.
using automated and paper systems, while ensuring accuracy of
4. Responds to and triages requests from customers for assistance
with pharmacy services such as medication delivery, drug
5. Operates and supports automated dispensing technology to supply
correct medications for individual patients, according to
pharmacist and physician orders.
6. Orders, receives, restocks, and rotates inventory, and completes
expiration date management.
7. Assists with training of new employees, educating them in
8. Contributes to process improvement projects.
9. Completes regulatory compliance inspection of medication storage
areas, including inspections and/or controlled substance
inventories, USP797 and other regulatory documentation as
Other InformationEducation Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED. Completion of an academic pharmacy
technician training program preferred.Licensure/Certification
- Registration with the NC Board of Pharmacy unless enrolled in a
PharmD program. -CPhT from PTCB or ExCPT from NHA unless enrolled
in a PharmD program.Professional Experience Requirements:
- Prior pharmacy technician experience is preferred.Job
DetailsLegal Employer: NCHEALTHEntity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex IP PharmacyWork Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00Work Schedule: Day JobLocation of
Job: US:NC:RaleighExempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
Keywords: UNC Health Care, Raleigh , Pharmacy Technician II - Rex Inpatient Pharmacy, Healthcare , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!