Medical Assistant II Certified - UNC Primary Care - Flowers
Company: UNC Health Care
Posted on: May 15, 2022
DescriptionUNC Primary Care at Flowers offers a trusting,
healthy partnership to patients of all ages. Our providers take the
time to listen and work with our patients to address immediate
needs as well as future health goals.
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse
employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of
the unique communities we serve.Summary:
The Medical Assistant II, Certified provides routine clinical and
administrative support to providers and other health care team
members in an outpatient clinic setting. Works under the clinical
supervision of the provider for patient care activities, and under
the general direction of the designated manager/supervisor.
1. Performs rooming and/or intake process, collecting and data,
including vital signs, height, weight, and data related to
patient's reason for visit.
2. Collects patient and family data, including medical and social
3. Reviews patient's current medication list, allergies and
4. Assists the provider as directed, during treatments,
examinations and procedures.
5. Collects specimens and performs phlebotomy.
6. Administers medications under the direction of a provider.
7. Performs tests, for examples EKG, eye exams, under the direction
of a provider.
8. Reviews the patient record to determine whether patient requires
any routine health screenings.
9. Ensures exam/procedure room contains appropriate supplies,
equipment, forms and educational materials are available and ready
for use during visit/procedure.
10. Provides patient with after-visit, follow-up, self-care or
procedural instructions and/or educational materials as
11. Prepares, cleans, stocks and maintains exam and treatment
12. Cleans and sterilizes instruments.
13. Assists with patient registration, check in/check out,
appointment scheduling, and scheduling of tests and treatments, and
14. Answers clinic telephone and assists in-basket under the
direction of a provider or nurse.
15. Assists in emergency situations as directed by a provider or
16. Additional Essential Responsibilities of a Credentialed Medical
Assistant II may include: -Precepts new medical
assistant/credentialed medical assistant hires and medical
assistant externs-Trains other medical assistants in clinic
procedures-Assists the physician with maintaining preventive health
measures for a panel of patients.-Performs clinic based quality or
safety role (ex. clinic safety coordinator, maintains immunization
or medication registry, performs medication, or other required
audits) -Manages clinic supply ordering
Other InformationOther information:
- Requires high school diploma or GED.
- Completion of a Medical Assisting program accredited by either
the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
(CAAHEP) or the Accreditation Bureau of Health Education Schools
(ABHES) is strongly preferred but not
- Requires Medical Assistant certification by either the American
Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), American Medical
Technologists (AMT), National Health Career Association (CCMA),
National Association of Health Professionals (NRCMA), or National
Center for Competency Testing (NCMA).
- Prefer candidates with current Basic Life Support Certification
from American Heart Association at the time of hire. If selected
candidate does not possess BLS, one must be obtained within 30 days
of hire.Professional Experience Requirements:
- Possess at least one year of full-time experience as a
Credentialed Medical Assistant.
- Demonstrate possession of the competencies outlined in the
Credentialed Medical Assistant Advancement Worksheet through their
application and interview.Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the position as
- Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal
- Demonstrated ability to engage positively with patients and
families and to work as a team with staff and providers.
- Ability to use a computer to document required information into
the electronic medical record.
Job DetailsLegal Employer: NCHEALTHEntity: UNC Physicians
Organization Unit: UNC Primary Care - FlowersWork Type: Full
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00Work Schedule: Day JobLocation of
Job: US:NC:ClaytonExempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
Keywords: UNC Health Care, Raleigh , Medical Assistant II Certified - UNC Primary Care - Flowers, Healthcare , Kenly, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!