Senior Clinical Laboratory Associate
Posted on: April 10, 2021
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer
early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the
global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to
detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company
is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale
clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data
science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology,
and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL
is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington,
D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. It is supported by
leading global investors and pharmaceutical, technology, and
healthcare companies. For more information, please
visit--www.grail.com . The Senior Clinical Laboratory Associate
(CLA) is responsible for assisting the Clinical Laboratory
Scientists and supporting the daily operations of the Clinical
Laboratory. Senior Clinical Laboratory Associate may serve as a
team lead to the CLA team to coordinate tasks, divide workload,
manage projects and review documents as assigned. Senior Clinical
Laboratory Associate has demonstrated the skills and competency to
assist the Clinical Laboratory Scientists in automated sample
processing and in all other support functions. You Will:
- Be responsible for equipment maintenance according to the
laboratory's standard operating procedures--
- Responsible for maintaining sufficient inventory of materials,
supplies, and equipment in the laboratory for performance of
- Check, monitor, and record temperature and perform root cause
analysis of deviations and implement a resolution or initiate a
service request as necessary.--
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate
from the laboratory's established performance specifications.
- Perform annual review of standard operating procedures.
- Assist the Clinical Laboratory Scientist with preparation and
aliquoting of reagents.
- Assist the Clinical Laboratory Scientist during patient
- Participate in projects under the supervision of a CLS or
Supervisor along with maintaining quality and efficient work flow
of daily duties.
- Assist with training of new laboratory personnel and training
of new procedures with existing personnel.
- Assist with internal audits and inspection preparation, as
- Manage organizing and maintaining laboratory, equipment,
personnel, and training documents.
- Set-up the Hamilton and assist with Hamilton automated
- Ensure on-time calibration of laboratory equipment is scheduled
- Report all concerns of test quality and/or safety to the
Supervisor or Safety Officer.
- Work closely with the CLS and Accessioning Teams to provide
consistent and ongoing support to the entire service
- Write and revise standard operating procedures, as needed.
- Identify process improvement opportunities and report to
- Serve as a team lead for the CLA team and provide guidance for
new Clinical Laboratory Associates, give constructive feedback, and
provide peer review feedback for evaluations.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Your Background Will Include:
- Minimum of AA or equivalent required.
- Bachelor of Arts or Science in Biomedical Laboratory Science,
Clinical Science or a related field preferred.
- At least 3-5 years of related experiences in a high complexity
- Demonstrate a high level of competency when assisting in the
analytical sample processing steps and in all other supporting
- Strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication
with internal employees, managers and customers as needed.
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to
- Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional
- Able to prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on
- Ability to work as part of a team within a highly collaborative
- Ability to proactively communicate consistently, clearly and
- Ability to prioritize tasks with a high emphasis on
- Ability to participate in projects and complete assignments as
- Flexibility of work schedule to meet the needs of GRAIL's
- Ability to analyze and solve basic issues.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Laboratory testing experience within the last five years
- High volume laboratory experience preferred We are an equal
opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status. GRAIL, Inc. and its affiliates and
subsidiaries ("GRAIL") does not accept--any--liability for fees
for--resumes from recruiters or employment agencies ("Agency"),
without a binding, written recruitment agreement between GRAIL and
Agency describing the services and specific job openings
("Agreement"). GRAIL--may--consider any candidate for whom an
Agency has submitted an unsolicited--resume--and explicitly
reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial
obligation to the Agency, unless an Agreement is in place.
Any--email or verbal contacts with any person within GRAIL is
inadequate to create a binding agreement. Agencies--without an
Agreement--are requested not to contact any--hiring managers--of
GRAIL with recruiting inquiries or resumes. Agencies interested in
partnering with GRAIL may contact GRAIL's HR Department through our
Customer Service team .
Keywords: GRAIL, Raleigh , Senior Clinical Laboratory Associate, Healthcare , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!