Company: NC State University
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Please see Special Instructions for more details. Please provide
contact information for 3 professional references. Posting Number
PG190867SP Internal Recruitment No Working Title Pharmacy Director
Anticipated Hiring Range Commensurate with experience. Work
Schedule Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm, occassional evenings; rotate
Saturday clinic Job Location Department Student Health Services
About the Department Division of Academic and Student Affairs
Mission, Values & Objectives
we promote the success of the whole student. In collaboration with
our colleagues across campus, we prepare students to succeed
academically, professionally and personally, to embrace a
commitment to lifelong learning, and to become informed, engaged,
and productive citizens. The purpose of the Department of Student
Health Services ( SHS ) is to provide appropriate, affordable,
accessible and high quality primary health care to eligible
students, and to provide a comprehensive disease-prevention and
health education program in the NC State University community. The
major function of the SHS is that of providing outpatient care to
the 34,000+ NC State students. Some level of medical care or advice
is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week during the academic year
beginning in August and ending in May. Hours of service vary during
the summer and during holidays and student breaks.
Check out our website at: http://healthypack.dasa.ncsu.edu/. This
position will serve as the department lead for the Pharmacy. This
position must ensure high quality pharmaceutical care and
pharmaceutical products are provided to Student Health customers.
The selected candidate will serve as the liaison for local, state
and national professional organizations. Responsible for
maintaining regulatory compliance with accrediting body. Authors
and establishes rules and procedures for SHS pharmacy. Manages
pharmacy employees including performing annual evaluations and
developing work plans and leads budget recommendations and yearly
planning for all pharmacy expenditures.
- Coordinates pharmacy technology and interfaces pharmacy
computer system with Electronic Health Records ( EHR )
- Serves as technical liaison between QS/1 pharmacy system and
EHR to troubleshoot both software and hardware related issues.
- Reviews and recommends technical upgrades to provide
functionality, efficiency, and accuracy in the department.
- Counsels patients on dosing of medications, side effects, and
adverse drug reactions and dispenses medications.
- Instructs all employees on new procedures and regulations
affecting patient care.
- Schedules employees and coordinates workday activities.
- Coordinates speakers for Continuing Education programs.
- Mentors interns from other pharmacy schools in North Carolina
and designs training programs for Athletic Trainers to become
certified in specialized area.
- Manages the purchasing of $2.5 million in pharmaceutical
products and and submits reports to University Accounting for
- Creates budget reports for the Associate Director which include
cost and gross profit of products used in the pharmacy. Other
- Participates in fire and emergency preparedness drills.
- Must report to work during Adverse Weather and related
scenarios and for public health emergencies.
- Additional duties as assigned. Licensed to practice Pharmacy in
the state of North Carolina and two years of experience as a
licensed pharmacist. Other Required Qualifications
- Strong communication and computer skills
- Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of federal and state laws pertaining to pharmacy
services Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with Electronic Health Record ( EHR ) and pharmacy
- Experience with an accredited organization
- Experience in a college or university setting Required License
- License to practice pharmacy in the State of North Carolina
Valid NC Driver's License required No Commercial Driver's License
Required? No Job Open Date 01/15/2021 Earliest Close Date----
(Positions will be posted until 5:00 PM ET on this date. Positions
remaining posted after this date are still accepting applications
but may close at any time.) 01/25/2021 Notice to Applicants Special
Instructions Please provide contact information for 3 professional
references. Position Number 00043596 Position Type SHRA Position
Classification Band Title Pharmacy Director Position Classification
Band Level Journey Position Classification Salary Range $91,068 -
$167,210 Salary Grade Equivalency 87 Alternate Option If no
applicants apply who meet the required competency level and
training & experience requirements, then management may consider
other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies,
equity, budget, and market considerations. Full Time Equivalent
(FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week) 1.00 Appointment 12 Month Recurring
Mandatory Designation - Adverse Weather Mandatory - Adverse Weather
Mandatory Designation - Emergency Events Mandatory -
Fire/Explosions, Mandatory - Medical Emergencies, Mandatory -
Hazardous Material Incidents, Mandatory - Transportation Accidents,
Mandatory - Evacuations/Natural Hazards, Mandatory -
Utilities/Infrastructure Failure, Mandatory - Threats of
Violence/Terrorism/Interpersonal Emergencies Time Limited Position
No Time-Limited Appointment Length (if applicable) Is this position
partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies? No Department Id
244030 - Student Health Services AA/EOE NC State University is an
equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity,
age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an
individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you
may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or
email@example.com. Individuals with disabilities requiring
disability-related accommodations in the application and interview
process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background
checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks.
If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final
candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified
at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained
prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires
all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of
all persons hired to work in the United States. Supplemental
Questions Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn of this opportunity?
- NCSU Website
- Job Alert (automated email from our system)
- NCSU Executive Search Services
- Other Online Job Board
- Carolina Job Finder / Employment Guide
- Job / Career Fair
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Professional Journal
- Print Advertisement (Newspaper / Periodical)
- Radio / Television Advertisement
- Professional Organization
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Direct Contact from NCSU HR Representative / Recruiter
- NCSU Employee Referral
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Other)
- If you learned about this vacancy from "other source" or "other
website", please provide the source. (Open Ended Question)
- * Have you graduated from an Accreditation College for Pharmacy
Education (ACPE) accredited school of pharmacy, and have two years
of experience as a licensed pharmacist, or an equivalent
combination of training and experience.
- * Do you have experience working in a college or university
- * Do you have experience with QS/1 or similar pharmacy system?
- No Required Documents
- Cover Letter
- Contact Information for References Optional Documents NC STATE
RALEIGH, NC 27695
PHONE: (919) 515-2011
Keywords: NC State University, Raleigh , Pharmacy Director, Healthcare , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!