Cloud Support Manager, Rapidscale (Overnight)
Company: Cox Communications
Posted on: November 11, 2019
RapidScale is one of the fastest growing Cloud Computing companies
in the industry. Based in Irvine, CA, and Raleigh, NC, the company
has a solid track record of delivering world class products and
services to our customers located throughout the country and around
the globe. RapidScale is seen as a leader in desktop virtualization
with marked success in application virtualization for both Windows
and Mac applications. The company also provides Infrastructure as a
Service (IaaS), and Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS)
solutions via an enterprise ?Flex Pod? cloud stack.???Job
Summary:The Rapidscale Cloud Support Manager provides the first
level of support for all our managed customers and coordinates the
overall support process for incidents and service requests. The
Cloud Support Manager will establish goals and objectives for the
support desk operation that support and match the organization?s
overall aspirations. This person will manage the performance of the
support desk & support to clients (internal and external) and
ensure that service levels are achieved. They will ensure that
customer expectations are met or exceeded. This person will be
responsible for ensuring the staff are meeting and exceeding
expectations in regards to performance, meeting defined
metrics/benchmarks, and that standards and processes are followed
to provide excellent customer service and meet or exceed
requirements.? ???Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee 100% of the requests, incidents and problems starting
in the support desk. Manages and coordinates urgent and complicated
support issues. Act as escalation point for all requests and
incidents from team members. Develop and mature phone/ticket
escalation processes to ensure free flowing escalation and
information within the organization.? Assist with determining the
root cause of issues and communicate appropriately to internal and
external customers. - (50%)
- Provide data and reporting of KPI's and trends to Director of
Technical Support in ad-hoc & scheduled (weekly, monthly, etc.)
intervals as needed. Will drive ticket deep dive analysis and
develop strategies for improvement. Work to make Support Desk
deliver the ultimate customer experience through service delivery
across all customers. Monitor and manage ticket and phone queues
(participating in escalated incidents / calls as needed). -
- Oversee technical solutions repository & client documentation
repository and ensure top quality solutions are available to the
support desk staff. Develops service and business level objectives
to set clear expectations and measure performance. Develops an
effective and workable framework for managing and improving
customer IT support across all managed RapidScale customers. Advise
management on situations that may require additional client support
or escalation. - (20%)
- In support with the Director of Technical Support, manage
process for communicating outage/emergency activities to the
organization and customers. Review survey feedback to improve
services, tools and support experience. Keep confidential all
applicant, client, and verification and company proprietary
information. - (10%)Qualifications:Skills and Educational
- Must possess a very hands-on approach and management style. You
will own and be responsible for the results of your group
- Deep knowledge and understanding of support KPIs and the
drivers that help achieve positive results. You will need to have a
passion for data and the ability to use the data to drive business
- Experience with Excel and PowerPoint. The ability to take
raw-data and build charts and graphs and PowerPoint presentations
that can be used in executive level presentations.
- Experience with influencing and leading a Support Desk call
center that provides world class customer experience
- Experience being part of a global leadership team
- Superior communication skills. Ability to understand and
translate complex reports into trending and analytics
- Able to collaborate and work across multiple internal functions
to ensure that the SLAs are achieved for all customers
- Ability to articulate clear expectations and hold team members
accountable. Must have proven experience with managing large
- Effective negotiation skills
- Outstanding oral & written communication skills
- Experience thinking outside of the box with a can-do
- Willingness to go above and beyond
- Experience with SalesForce Service Console: Building reports
- A college degree or equivalent work experience (3-5 years) is
required.Needed Attributes:The ideal candidate will possess:? A
positive Attitude, strong Sense of Urgency and a creative mindset.
?A passion for understanding data to make data-driven decisions.
This position requires strong written and oral communications
skillsets.? Interfaces with users of technology and employs a high
degree of tact and diplomacy to promote a positive image of the
department. Resolves problem situations in a professional manner.
Accurately communicates pertinent information to create a work
environment that lends itself to the best interests of departmental
personnel and customer service. Flexible schedule is a
must.Inter-Relationships:Support engineers need to work well with
others and be able to assist customers that can be frustrated and
upset due to the incident, by being calm, cool, and understanding.?
This position requires interfacing with several other departments
and different personalities.?Direct Reporting RelationshipsDirector
of Technical SupportResponsible for aligning activities, metrics,
and measurements to the desired outcomes of the business unit
vision and direction.
- Create and execute career development plans.
- Approve timesheets and expense reports
- Direct, control, motivate, mentor, build and develop
- Interview, hire, develop, train and promote high performing
- Conduct annual performance reviews for direct reports?Indirect
Reporting RelationshipsCloud Support Engineer I, II, III?????????
- Encourage staff development through identifying training needs
& providing coaching and mentoring where needed.
- Coach and challenge employees to maximize performance, embrace
change, and anticipate customer needs.
- Call monitoring and quality reviews to ensure consistent
- Promote teamwork and cooperation within the support desk and
across all other teams.
- Develop & maintain positive, inter-dependent relationships with
other departments and managers.
- Provide leadership and guidance to employees, maintain ongoing
two-way communications, and promote professionalism, teamwork, and
outstanding customer service.
- Ability to adapt and manage constant changeKey success criteria
- To ensure incidents and service requests are managed
effectively to SLAs.
- To ensure consistent performance to internal KPI targets.
- To foster an environment of growth and learning by effective
coaching and developmentWorking Environment:Fast paced, positive,
high energy environment.? This position may have high levels of
stress due to deadlines and necessity of quick response times.
About Cox CommunicationsCox Communications?is committed to creating
meaningful moments of human connection through broadband
applications and services. The largest private telecom company in
America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across
18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better
future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers,
communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox
Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a
family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor?James M. Cox.Cox
is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified
applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment
without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or
creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy),
sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental
disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity,
citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.Statement
to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:? Cox accepts
resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their
services.? Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking
system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox
facility.? Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges
associated with unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Cox Communications, Raleigh , Cloud Support Manager, Rapidscale (Overnight), Executive , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!