Assistant Discipline Manager - MEPS Infrastructure - W/WW
Company: Dewberry Engineers Incorporated
Posted on: October 12, 2019
# of Openings
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm
with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide.
What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At
Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the
highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you re an
experienced professional or a new graduate, you ll have the chance
to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative
and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our
commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from
other defining attributes, which we call Dewberry at Work, that
have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a
Dewberry's Raleigh, NC office is seeking an Assistant Discipline
Manager MEPS Infrastructure W/WW, who will be responsible for
knowing how to do the work committed to in proposals and assigning
/ leading the appropriate resources to do the work for discipline
area. Assist Project/Client Managers by providing engineering
resources a design team - to help meet the client s desires and
budget. Duties would also include some involvement in direct MEP
sales and assisting with sales efforts for multidiscipline
projects. In short, provide the design/engineering resources and
guidance to accomplish our commitments. Experience with
Design/Build projects is a plus. Reports to the Discipline
Supervisory responsibilities include assisting the Discipline
* Growing, mentoring, and developing the staff within discipline
area to allow each person to achieve their maximum potential.
* Minimum annual evaluations for each direct reports.
* Providing technical guidance/leadership for discipline area.
* Organizing staff in a way to allow career advancement,
professional development, quality client service, and operational
efficiencies to meet business and project financial goals.
* Taking a very active role in recruitment of staff in discipline
area including networking, recruitment, interviewing and deal
Assistant Discipline Managers are expected to assist the Discipline
Manager in providing the following to others on the design team to
effectively and successfully complete projects:
* Technical and Quality oversight of all project work for
* Establishing/improving standards for discipline area.
* Adherence to project design schedule.
* Notification to Project/Client Managers if established project
design schedule cannot be met. Notify in enough time to
appropriately handle the situation, preferably at the latest 2
* Adherence to discipline project budget. Review and provide
updates on project budgets at milestone dates. Reviewing discipline
* Attention to project scope during the design process to identify
potential additional services.
* Identify staff performing design of the project, along with a
senior staff member if required.
* Identify Engineer of Record.
* Provide general updates of projects (status in the process, tasks
to complete, percentage complete currently, etc.)
* Identify milestone dates when each discipline should provide
information, at each phase, to allow sufficient time to good design
* Provide 'on-the-spot' advice and decisions, technical and cost
* Coordination with all of the disciplines involved, including
* Work schedule for discipline showing:
* Project assignments and priorities
* Delivery due dates for group project commitment s
* Simply put Assistant Discipline Manager supports the Discipline
Manager in their roles and responsibilities.
REQUIRED SKILLS & REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
Accomplished (8+ years of experience) Professional Engineer;
knowledgeable of construction process, familiar with AIA
construction contracts; self-motivated with highly developed
verbal, written and interpersonal skills. Experience in staff
management/department management. Experience in the design of
various MEP systems. Well organized, takes good notes. Good
conceptual understanding of plumbing, mechanical and electrical
systems with general knowledge of system operation, space
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual
*Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will
be required to submit to a background screening which may include,
but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and
other credential verification, driving record check, criminal
background check, and an investigative consumer report. These
screenings will be conducted by Dewberry s background vendor of
choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable
federal, state, and local law.
Keywords: Dewberry Engineers Incorporated, Raleigh , Assistant Discipline Manager - MEPS Infrastructure - W/WW, Executive , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!