Company: American Tower
Posted on: August 17, 2019
- Plan, develop, direct, and implement complex business
strategies through the establishment of short/long-range
objectives, change management, performance goals, and metrics for
each spend category.
- Design and develop organizational sourcing strategies, direct
tactical and innovative sourcing programs, adapt to changing market
conditions, support new business opportunities, and designs cost
- Assure proper analysis and application of internal and external
industry specific research information to ensure commodity/category
strategy is current, risks are identified, and insights are
leveraged to identify opportunities that drive value.
- Develop and train sourcing staff to improve functional and
business capability. Supports the talent development of all
inter-departmental team members and the overall development of
- Identify and manage commercial, contractual, operational,
financial, reputational, ethical, and procurement risks to minimize
negative impacts on organizational objectives while encouraging
opportunity and innovation.
- Provide expert advice to key stakeholders on all aspects of
supply chain including a detailed knowledge of the supply base and
best practice sourcing strategies and negotiation tactics.
- Encourage innovative practices that support business objective
- Lead team to development strategic supplier partnerships that
enhance total value.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Manage the performance of Sourcing Leads, Sr. Buyers and/or
- Support the management of matrixed purchasing personnel as
- Recruit, develop and retain staff, partnering with Senior
Management, Recruiting and Human Resources. This includes
on-boarding and orientation for new hires.
- Provide disciplined performance management for team. Define and
communicate annual goals, perform formal and informal performance
reviews, and ensure changes and updates are communicated in a
timely and professional manner.
- Create enthusiastic, improvement oriented, collaborative team
- Proactively identify and resolve personnel issues in
conjunction with Human Resources
- Demonstrated success at building and maintaining efficient and
effective supplier relationships.
- Embraces change, challenges status quo, and possesses the
ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance of, others in
- Strong project management skills with ability to plan tasks,
assign resources, manage processes, remove barriers, manage change,
resolve conflict, build consensus and motivate team members across
- Able to manage people effectively and communicate at all levels
of the organization.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills; ability to
accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon timeframes through
effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast paced
- Self-motivated; able to work both independently to complete
tasks and respond to department requests and with others to utilize
their resources and knowledge to identify high quality
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 7-10 years of progressive experience in sourcing / procurement
in a supply chain or strategic sourcing team, with at least 5 years
related leadership experience.
- Bachelors degree required, with a concentration in Engineering,
Business, or Supply Management preferred.
- Sourcing (or relevant) experience in specific categories
assigned strongly preferred.
- Experience managing supplier relationships and negotiating
statements of work and service level agreements for individual
requirements and within a fixed contract required.
- Wireless telecommunications industry experience, including
sourcing or working in the construction or operations functions,
- Demonstrated working knowledge of MS Office Suite, with
particular strength in the use of MS Excel and MS PowerPoint,
- Professional certifications strongly preferred (e.g., Certified
Public Manager, Certified Professional in Supply Management or
Certified in Production and Inventory Management)
- Oracle supply chain modules experiences preferred
ENVIRONMENT:Approximately 100% performed in climate-controlled
internal office environment working under normal office conditions.
Approximately 5% travel may be required in support of the positions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to feel and
handle, reach with arms and hands, talk and hear. While performing
the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to
stoop, kneel and crouch, lift weight or exert a force up to a
maximum of 25 pounds. SUMMARY:The Supply Chain Organization
strategically sources quality materials and services at lowest
total cost using a supplier management program that leverages
best-in-class people, systems and processes. The Category Manager
leads the sourcing function, including development and
implementation of strategic and operational sourcing, procurement,
contracting and supply management strategies for either a specified
area of spend or business group.
The Category Manager, having commodity management responsibilities
of up to $80 million annually, will lead a team responsible for the
commodity sourcing strategy development, execution, and end-to-end
supply chain performance management to achieve best-in-class
product quality, cost, delivery and performance. The Category
Manager will need to think creatively and challenge the status quo
while upholding the highest levels of integrity and
Keywords: American Tower, Raleigh , Category Manager, Executive , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!