Manager Network Engineering
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: March 18, 2019
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security and freedom of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place you. Our professionals live and breathe different perspectives here; we are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and well aware that the more ideas, backgrounds, opinions, and experiences we bring to our work, the stronger that work will be. Just as you would invest your time and hard work into our company, we focus on investing back into you through enriching professional experiences and high-quality learning and development opportunities. We want you to bring your whole self to work and for you to have meaningful connections with your coworkers, customers, and communities, while providing the best products, systems, and technologies to protect our world.
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services Sector is seeking a Mgr Network Engineering to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. In this role, the successful candidate will work closely with department managers, business management, business development, strategists, and technologists to drive consistent, high quality support to the USPS. You will oversee and manage the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serve as liaison between project management and planning, project team, and line management. This position will also review status of projects and budgets; manage schedules and prepare status reports in addition to assessing project issues and develop resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives.
Responsibilities for the role include, but not limited to:
* Personnel management of Northrop Grumman staff
* Provide daily guidance to staff and ensure they meeting or exceeding customer expectations
* Review and approve timesheets and travel expense on a regular basis
* Hiring of new staff as directed by the customer
* Complete onboarding of new hires in facility
* Complete off boarding of resources as needed
* Interact with the customer on new personnel or personnel issues
* Gain and maintain customer intimacy
* Complete of employee evaluations
* Help identify and capture new business opportunities for Northrop Grumman
* Assist program manager in meeting/exceeding financial goals for the team
* Organize engagement activities for the team and All Hands meetings as necessary per the program manager
* Be the NG Point of Contact for the Postal customers in Raleigh, NC
* Provide monthly status reports to the Program Manager - reporting any key problems, issues, and employee recognition or customer feedback.
* Bachelor's in Science degree in a STEM related field and a minimum of 9 years of experience in IT industry
* At least 5 years of experience supervising others
* At least 5 years of experience hiring, on-boarding, and redeploying employees
* 2 years direct experience and demonstrated ability to interface well with customer base.
* Experience supporting proposal development activities (leading activities or providing technical input)
* Able to communicate effectively in both written and verbal formats
* Ability to act independently to uncover and resolve operational issues
* Working ability of MS Office Products specifically, Excel and Word required
* Must be a US Citizen or green card holder and have the ability to obtain a public trust clearance
* Experience using Taleo and working with IQ Navigator
* Prior experience hiring personnel to support USPS
* Experience working in the Raleigh USPS customer facility
* Knowledge of NG systems such as Concur, MDA/EDA
* Active USPS clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Raleigh , Manager Network Engineering, Executive , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!