Director of Product Management
Company: Cirrus Insight
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Founded in 2011, Cirrus Insight is a sales acceleration platform
that allows salespeople to quickly work and close deals by working
directly in their preferred email client. We're one of the most
recognized brands in the Salesforce ecosystem, having been on the
Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing companies for three consecutive
years. Our culture is focused on customer success, employee growth,
and equity for all our stakeholders. Job Description The Director
of Product Management is responsible for identifying and driving
strategies to bend the growth curve by increasing ARR through new
offerings and incremental value addition. The ideal candidate must
have a passion for understanding our product and for the sales
acceleration space coupled with a desire to understand customer
processes and needs.Cirrus Insight is investing heavily in its
roadmap, with a focus on new products and offerings. Towards that
goal, the ideal candidate will be data driven and must have strong
analytical skills with the ability to synthesize data from multiple
inputs in order to produce innovative customer experiences and
successful business outcomes. The ability to simplify and convey a
product vision, expected business outcomes, and a roadmap that can
be executed upon is a must.This position reports to the CTO, works
directly with customers to understand their needs, and will lead
and grow a team of product managers and UX designers. The Director
of Product Management will coach and develop product managers with
a focus on requirements and the product creative process, and
partner with engineering and business leaders to set and realize
product direction.This is a cross-functional role that will engage
with all aspects of the business including sales, customer support
management, support, engineering (dev/qa), security/compliance, and
architecture requiring both creative and technical expertise in
order navigate to create best in industry product experiences.
- Work with Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, and Support to
carefully understand and analyze user needs and turn those into a
product plan, roadmap and detailed specifications.
- Early understanding of emerging trends within our target market
with the ability to forecast and integrate those solutions into the
near and long term roadmap.
- Uncover underlying stakeholder needs by focusing on the "why"
and work with partners to establish the right goals, and transform
specific requests into prioritized capabilities that solve the
- Determine what features and capabilities will have the biggest
return on investment.
- Determine and document customer journey, process maps, and
detailed user stories and requirements.
- Determine trade-offs and fit gap analysis to guide product
decisions and set customer expectations.
- Provide Product Management leadership for the delivery cycle to
take ideas from concept to implementation.
- Refine requirements based on prototyping, and iterative
feedback, acting as a bridge between customer desires and technical
- Plan and conduct user research to inform your work.
- Utilize qualitative and quantitative methods to measure
success, and share your findings.
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers and their
needs.Competitive & Trend Analysis
- Assess how Cirrus compares to alternatives; indirect and direct
- Identify key industry competitors and evaluate their strategies
to determine areas of opportunity.
- Provides guiding principles for and defines value proposition,
customer segmentation, and business case to bring innovative and
disruptive business unit products to the market. (i.e. Product
configuration mix, Revenue/margins, financials, market share).
- Collect and analyze data, identify patterns and trends, and
drive actionable Product Strategy recommendations.Delivery
- Lead a product management team that works with cross functional
partners comprised of engineering, design and user research.
- Ensure end-to-end product release including feature
development, integrations, data migration, cut-over from legacy
applications, and stabilization/support.
- Partner with Marketing, Knowledge Management, Customer Success,
and Support teams to roll out new products and features.Team
- Inspire, coach, and lead a team of Product Managers.
- Nurture product managers by helping to set product strategy for
them and coaching them on the mechanics of being a great product
- Lead a team of data product managers and help create product
vision, goals and roadmap to achieve the right business
- Use detailed specifications as your foundation, collaborate
with engineering and design teams to ship new features that are
- Track and communicate progress while managing
customer/partner/leadership expectations.Auditing & Reporting
- Own, represent, and communicate the product vision and strategy
via visualized product roadmap
- Define and analyze metrics and industry trends that inform the
success of products.
- Provide effective written and verbal updates on the product
strategy and key outcomes to senior leadership and stakeholders.
- 10+ years of product management experience with software
products in the technology space
- Experience with Salesforce
- Knowledge of data warehousing basics
- Extensive product management experience, especially in the
formulation of strategy and roadmaps, as well as associated
standards, policies, and frameworks with a proven track record of
successfully innovating in products in the SaaS space
- The ability to think big and small. Comfortable discussing
strategy and long term vision with executives, but also able to
dive into the details designing a particular interaction with
product and engineers.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to
relate complex information to both technical and non-technical
audiences and a demonstrated ability to articulate complex
technical themes to C-level executives
- Experience with full SDLC methodologies (agile, scrum, xp, rup,
- Experience conducting UX research, user interviews, split
testing; leveraging findings to drive design and user
- Familiarity with Figma
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience hiring, managing and developing product managers
(individual contributors and people managers)
- Ability to lead and influence cross-functional teams without
direct authority Pluses
- Certifications in Product Management & Agile Practices
Keywords: Cirrus Insight, Raleigh , Director of Product Management, Executive , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!