Laboratory Technical Support Specialist - Program Manager
Company: Labcorp Diagnostics, Labcorp
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Works as an intermediate level application specialist to provide
support to clients from initial implementation, through to
training, and ongoing client support. Will work with large data
sets with the ability to quickly understand and produce reports,
troubleshoot, and maintain databases. Program Managers identify
problems and provide solutions for both application and client
related issues. - They maintain a relationship with the Senior
Program Managers and Director to assist in meeting departmental
goals and project implementations. Program managers work to
maintain client retention and satisfaction. Participates in ongoing
application testing and development. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Uses knowledge of Medical Laboratory Science in combination
with IT skills to support customers in working through application
to produce meaningful reports and data sets.
- Demonstrates knowledge of laboratory processes from the
pre-analytical, analytical, and post analytical phases.
- Understands quality metrics (key performance indicators),
quality control, lab safety regulations, and quality standards in
typical laboratory practices.
- Ability to provide excellent communication to clients whose
experience varies form C-suite to bench technologists, Support
Services, and Specially modules (Blood Bank, Microbiology, Anatomic
- Ability to read and interpret scientific papers. Project
- Effectively manages multiple priorities, initiatives, and
- Expertise in setting and managing customer expectations.
- Effectively facilitates meetings and cross-functional teams and
communicates effectively in relation to audience.
- Develops and maintains project documentation to specifically
address project scope, deliverables, project plans, cost tracking,
resource usage, issue tracking and status reports for multiple
and/or large, complex projects.
- Provides regular reports and project status updates to
management, stakeholders, and others.
- Highlights successes, concerns, milestones, resolved issues and
other important information. Documents process standards as
required. Develops escalation process to channel issues and
concerns to appropriate parties.
- Excellent ability to problem-solve efficiently and
- Managing the relationship with groups outside of the project
team (end-users, support teams, consultants, vendors, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; ability to
present and explain technical information in a way that establishes
rapport, persuades others and gains understanding.
- Ongoing support for customer retention. Information Technology
- Able to quickly learn new computer applications.
- Ability to maintain application use in high volume, large
- Ability to see the big picture of the software program and
align develop accordingly.
- Ability to train beginner to advanced end users.
- Identify and secure Subject Matter Experts (SME) necessary for
successful execution of projects.
- Consult with leaders and SMEs around the business and IT
organization as necessary to achieve timely, accurate, and
- Capture and analyze client & user feedback data.
- Participate in technical migration, implementation planning,
and delivery at system "Go-Live".
- Act as Business Lead for ongoing development activities in
- Translate Subject Matter expert input into system requirements
and acceptance criteria.
- Ability to lead and motivate others to apply problem-solving
skills and techniques.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs, with
ability to establish and maintain high level of customer trust and
- Responsible for coordinating with the Developer(s) to ensure
appropriate engagement of SME resources and delivery of testing
scenarios, scripts, and test execution.
- Responsibilities may also include but are not limited to
requirements writing, test script creation, providing support to
user support teams, troubleshooting, etc.
- Provide system demos to business units and clients.
- Coordinate and collaborate with business & technical support
team(s) to understand and triage enhancements and defect
resolutions identified by users.
- Interacting with senior management stakeholders to oversee and
manage complex projects.
- Appropriate handling of PHI according to HIPAA regulations.
- 6+ years of applicable work experience.
- Leadership skills and management experience preferred.
- IT/LIS experience with implementation, software maintenance and
- Experience working with executive level clients.
- Experience with LEAN or Project Management preferred.
- Advanced Excel skills with large data sets.
- Knowledge of Notepad++, SQL, Microsoft Office, WebEx, Teams,
and SQLite Expert. EDUCATION
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Medical Laboratory Science or
- ASCP or similar accrediting agency preferred. Pay Range:
$77,002 - $125,500 annually Benefits: All job offers will be -based
on a candidate's skills and prior relevant experience, applicable
-degrees/certifications, -as well as internal equity and market
data. -Regular, full-time or part-time employees working 20 or more
hours per week are eligible for comprehensive benefits including:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, STD/LTD, 401(K), ESPP, Paid time off
(PTO) or Flexible time off (FTO), Commissions, and Company bonus
where applicable. - For more detailed information, please -click
here. - Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer: As an
EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion in the
workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any
kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our
business and the qualifications of the individual and do not
discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin,
gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs),
family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic
partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability,
genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic.
We encourage all to apply. For more information about how we
collect and store your personal data, please see ourPrivacy
Keywords: Labcorp Diagnostics, Labcorp, Raleigh , Laboratory Technical Support Specialist - Program Manager, Executive , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...